New manufacturer Rescue models

SzaboP

14 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

Surely there'd be flush rivets inside an intake?  (Not sure they'd be quite so prominent on the tank either.)

http://warbirdswalkaround.wixsite.com/warbirds/nz3009?lightbox=dataItem-j5qlklxs

http://warbirdswalkaround.wixsite.com/warbirds/a29-1050?lightbox=dataItem-j6bv18mx

http://warbirdswalkaround.wixsite.com/warbirds/a29-1050?lightbox=dataItem-j6bv3hlk

I think the renders are quite accurate Graham.

• Like 3

Being easily persuaded, I feel like diving in and starting a P-40N just so I can use all three of those lovely accessories - resist! Resist!!! Hmmm - maybe one in VVS markings...

I do agree with Graham that the rivets seem a bit pronounced, but I think a wipe with some 400 grit would solve that, if in fact the renders don't exaggerate their appearance.

John

2 hours ago, John Thompson said:

I think a wipe with some 400 grit would solve that, if in fact the renders don't exaggerate their appearance.

I'm afraid a wipe with 400 grit sandpaper will destroy all the fine details, and the smooth surfaces of the resin part. I just received a test casting of the intake from the manufacturer, and the  "rivets" (actually panhead screws on the real aircraft) are very subtle. My opinion as I'm holding this part in my hand right now is that: the real question is how to preserve the fine details during painting. I will try to take some photos of the actual part with a better camera, my phone just failed to do the task properly.

Cheers,

Peter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks interesting. Hopefully the P-40 intake has been adjusted for size as the kit one is just a little undersized, but if it's a good fit I'm in for a few.

A new resin ( or injected ) rear canopy for the N would nice as well to replaced the one SH messed up.

12 hours ago, Julien said:

They dont look like rivits on the intake but some sort of fastner? which would explain why they are so prominent.

Julien

See post #6 where Peter says there are pan head screws, though some pictures I have of other aircraft look more like a mush head Cherry rivet. Though these are all restorations anyway, but the effect is the same rivet or screw they are not countersunk and noticeable, though I don't think I'll see them on the finish model only in the photos!

Would love to see the intake done in 1/48th scale as well for the Hasegawa kit.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I think the P-40 nose actually looks really good.  What would be even better is one in 1/32 for the Hasegawa kit.  I have the BRAZ one but I just cant get it to work.  Lets hope we see some 32nd from him....nice work!

Edited by Anthony in NZ

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/06/2019 at 20:57, SzaboP said:

The 1:72 Mosquito wheels are in the plans, and the 1:32 scale P-40 intake too, but -as I know-, no exact release date yet.

Are you the manufacturer of these products?

No, I'm not the manufacturer. These are my friend's products, I just like them. I think his stuff worth a look.

Sorry Anthony, no exact release date for the 1:32 P-40 intake so far (as I know). The producer of these items is Mr Robert Racz, you can contact him personally through his Facebook, or through the Rescuemodels website (now operational).

Edited by SzaboP

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Just received a sample of the 1:72 Uhu wheel set, and it's amazing! 👍 It comes with a sheet of pre-cut painting masks, and fits the Dragon kit perfectly.

49749897537_08440578a6_z.jpg

49749897617_931066db39.jpg

49749028573_47ecda4dd2_c.jpg

Available here.

A new JAS-39 Gripen wheel set also available now in the Rescue Models webshop.

Edited by SzaboP
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...