Armstrong Whitworth Whitley GR. Mk.VII

• 2 weeks later...

Back from our half term break, I have been working on both builds. Firstly assembling the props for the Whitley. These fitted together easily and were nice and snug when attached .IMG_20190603_224106_zpsby0knzcd.jpg

Next I began building the undercarriage. There are very few pieces to this, however once the main wheel struts are in, the bracing strut fits diagonally from the wheels into an area that is hidden from the eye. A lot of fiddling around and a cocktail stick to push it in to place was required, but finally she sat on her wheels.IMG_20190603_224055_zpsvtiexih7.jpg

With the major parts of the build complete, I added the pitot tubes and antenna and finally it is ready for the final coat of satin varnish. I plan to add the open doors and ladders once the varnish is dry. Almost done.

Edited by Shelliecool
  • Like 9

Last night I gave the build several light coats of well mixed (I find the liquid very thick when neat) Vallejo satin varnish. This sprayed well and settled nice and evenly over the paintwork. Once dry I have added the side door and ladder and the door to the cockpit area, again with its ladder. Finally I added the antenna wire and the build was complete. This isn't one of my favourite aircraft, however it has been a superb kit to build with very few problems. 

IMG_20190605_165446_zps0avyj2so.jpg

IMG_20190605_165540_zps4bnp13u1.jpg

IMG_20190605_165625_zpsqonj5ydg.jpg

IMG_20190605_165510_zps8xvesxzc.jpg

IMG_20190605_165559_zpsoc3by7m3.jpg

I will add more photos to my ready for inspection post. Thanks for joining me on this build.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Beautifully done!

What a shame p....b.... deem it necessary to spoil nice pics with their bloody great watermark. Glad I didn't stick with them!

Ian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1