ANA A380

Doom3r

So it is now few weeks since ANA got it's first A380 as well as it was known for some time that it was coming. With all this in mind was there anything that would indicate when Hasegawa is going to release A380 in 200 scale?

that's exactly my thought - Hasegawa seem now to only focus on Japanese decaled 1/200 civils and it is about time they did something new in the scale. Its a shame they never released a 757, A340 and A350 in the scale

11 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

that's exactly my thought - Hasegawa seem now to only focus on Japanese decaled 1/200 civils and it is about time they did something new in the scale. Its a shame they never released a 757, A340 and A350 in the scale

Well, it is really shame that we have not got all of the airliners in this scale (or at least the jet age one), namely 707, dc-8, A330, 757. However, it's been known for a long time that they do only airliners that are used by Japanese airlines. This is why I've got all excited when 1st heard of ANA ordering A380 and then when Airbus channel released a delivery video. Honestly don't care about that turtle livery though (as well as standard ANA livery) but once the model is out we can get aftermarket decals for whatever airline we prefer (I think I've even seen that Draw is offering whatif decal of Braniff International (sad thing is that I might do that livery) as well as Pan Am). Speaking of A350: looks like JAL is getting theirs so hopefully Hasegawa is going to do that beautiful bird as well (funny enough couple days ago the plane I flew on was taxiing next to the Cathay Pacific's A350  so it was a 1st time I've seen this airplane in real life😍).

Hi All

Twenty five years or so (when I worked in a hobby shop) in the Hasagawa catalogue they

pictured some of  there love liner with British Airways colour scheme and BA threaten legal action

against Hasagawa as they had the copyright on the colour scheme. this is the probable reason that

only Japanese colours are made.

Could be, however I think it is more related to what are they considering their target audience. I've seen their airliners in the liveries of western airlines(I have 767 in AA and Delta, AA 777-200). And to completely avoid any payments to airlines they could try to pull the trick that Zvezda is doing: models are only in inhouse colors but I haven't seen such (except 787). I suspect that in Japan it is easier to sell a model in Japanese airlines colors where if it is in some other colors then it is much higher risk. So if there was no Japanese livery for an aircraft then it is even higher risk. And I am not sure that it would be quite popular in the west. I've chatted some time ago with the owner of my local hobby shop and mentioned that the almost not having Hasegawa at all and his response was that it is not popular: prices are quite higher than revell and unlike Tamiya their models might require some work. In addition to that wlhe was not aware of that Hasegawa does airliners. And to kinda confirm his words: this shop has 2 Hasegawa E-4B for almost a year now...

Edited by Doom3r

7 hours ago, Geoff Arnold said:

Hi All

Twenty five years or so (when I worked in a hobby shop) in the Hasagawa catalogue they

pictured some of  there love liner with British Airways colour scheme and BA threaten legal action

against Hasagawa as they had the copyright on the colour scheme. this is the probable reason that

only Japanese colours are made.

and I loved building them!!! - no wonder they are so rare - I too remember them first appearing in the catalogue but only got around to building them this year, 38 years later!

DSCF8477

DSCF8556

What was it Branson came out with all those years ago ….. 'No Way BA' !

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Doom3r said:

Well, it is really shame that we have not got all of the airliners in this scale (or at least the jet age one), namely 707, dc-8, A330, 757. However, it's been known for a long time that they do only airliners that are used by Japanese airlines. This is why I've got all excited when 1st heard of ANA ordering A380 and then when Airbus channel released a delivery video. Honestly don't care about that turtle livery though (as well as standard ANA livery) but once the model is out we can get aftermarket decals for whatever airline we prefer (I think I've even seen that Draw is offering whatif decal of Braniff International (sad thing is that I might do that livery) as well as Pan Am). Speaking of A350: looks like JAL is getting theirs so hopefully Hasegawa is going to do that beautiful bird as well (funny enough couple days ago the plane I flew on was taxiing next to the Cathay Pacific's A350  so it was a 1st time I've seen this airplane in real life😍).

I can think of some very good things to do with a 1/200 freshly moulded A380 and A350 - the decal markets will have a field day as a 1/144 A380 needs a 6 bedroom house once built

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

I can think of some very good things to do with a 1/200 freshly moulded A380 and A350 - the decal markets will have a field day as a 1/144 A380 needs a 6 bedroom house once built

Oh no! Looks like I need another 14 bedrooms added to my place to display my 3 A380 builds when finished! :D

It would be nice to see some new 1/200 kits, didn't Doyusha do a few 1/200 kits, DC-8 comes to mind?

18 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Oh no! Looks like I need another 14 bedrooms added to my place to display my 3 A380 builds when finished! :D

It would be nice to see some new 1/200 kits, didn't Doyusha do a few 1/200 kits, DC-8 comes to mind?

they were 1/300 and are not brilliant - well, not when built straight from the box

11 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

they were 1/300 and are not brilliant - well, not when built straight from the box

Ray is correct. Doyusha did do a 1/200 DC-8-61 with 2 different box tops:

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/3/6/7/1139367-27767-88-pristine.jpg

https://www.kingkit.co.uk/uploads/shop/large/81903P1010030.JPG

3 hours ago, Scott Garard said:

Indeed :

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27617-airliners-vintage-jet-airliners-1200th/

Pending :

Landing-Mail.png

Edited by AV O
  • Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:19 AM, Scott Garard said:

crikes - I do remember the artwork now - I never realised they were /200th scale at the time - thanks for letting us all know