Heston-Napier British speed record attempt 1940, Airframe 1/72 vacuum-formed

53 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Come on and join the jolly band of BM'ers at Martian towers... See Canberra thread...

CC

Camberra... the city? or the bonga-bonga plane?

I can't, too many distractions, I laugh too much, tend to be dragged down the slippery slope; as mentioned: not precisely befitting to a modeling monk! 😁

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JWM said:

Very interesting model and you've made me dig for more about it (simply here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napier-Heston_Racer ) - what a nice romantic story about gents who right in the middle of war wanted to break world speed record for own money... and failed...

Regards

J-W

Thanks J-W. Even if failing, nonetheless a visually pleasant exercise in aerodynamics.

3 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Superb as usual , you are the boss !

Wulfman

An old post from more than a year ago, but I will take the kind compliment!

Cheers

• Like 1

Exquisite build of a very neat little aircraft! :clap2:  Whenever I see a model posted by you, I know I'll be pleasantly surprised by the choice and delighted by the result.   And again, you don't disappoint Moa!   Fantastic little model and thanks for sharing her with us!  🥂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Exquisite build of a very neat little aircraft! :clap2:  Whenever I see a model posted by you, I know I'll be pleasantly surprised by the choice and delighted by the result.   And again, you don't disappoint Moa!   Fantastic little model and thanks for sharing her with us!  🥂

Thanks, Gary, very kind of you, sir.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Another excellent work Moa. You never fail to impress.

Thanks, SAT. It was made six years ago and posted more than a year ago, but re-popped due to another built by Stuart at BM here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235080550-heston-type-5-raceri-must-be-barking/

Excellent craftsmanship and beautiful results as usual!

My stash of injection-moulded kits is large enough that I may never build a vac-formed kit.

But there's no doubting that it's a special reward to those who can build one and have it turn out like this.

Well done!

:thumbsup::clap2:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kapam said:

Excellent craftsmanship and beautiful results as usual!

My stash of injection-moulded kits is large enough that I may never build a vac-formed kit.

But there's no doubting that it's a special reward to those who can build one and have it turn out like this.

Well done!

:thumbsup::clap2:

Appreciate the compliment, Kapam.

Thanks! :blush: