Howdy from Texas!

Clifton

Howdy everyone, from Texas!  I've been reading the site for a while, and finally decided to go ahead and join.  I'm blown away by the amount of knowledge people on the site possess (especially about Spitfires!) and it's been fun to read all of the discussions I've seen so far.

I'm a retired high school English teacher.  When I taught elementary and middle school I hung many of my 1/48 World War II aircraft models from the ceiling of my classroom, partly as decoration, but also as an advertisement for the after school plastic model club that I sponsored.  I would also try to have them read a classroom novel that had a WWII aviation tie-in, if possible.

Anyway, I look forward to being a member, and participating in many discussions to come.

• Like 1

Hello Clifton... :post1: from Chicago. Im more an Amateur expert on the Corsair as my screen name says. I mostly build WW2 & Coldwar aircraft, with a few pieces of Armor for fun. If i can help with anything please ask. If i don't have an answer, i will try to point you in a good direction. 

Dennis

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Clifton said:

Hope you survived all of that cold Chicago weather this winter!

It wasn't to bad i grew up 400 miles north of Chicago near Lake Superior. I enjoy and thrive in cold weather, its also good for some of my medical issue’s. Yes it would’ve been good for models. Sadly i lost a few weeks due to losing my original office. 

Dennis