Spitfire MK VC "Joker" 1:32

Spitfire Vc from very modified Revell MK II kit with entirely new ammo covers and bubbles, Vokes filter and canopy from Hasegawa MK V. Master gun barrels, resin wheels from Halinski, bronze legs from Eduard, Eduard etch, Montex Masks. Lots of small corrections, cockpit was changed too.

07pTN1r.jpg?1

pHgt1CH.jpg?1

86Fofa3.jpg?1

6hG0aZ5.jpg?2

3DWcWKB.jpg?1

X0J3nx8.jpg?1

er613qQ.jpg?1

0GBhh74.jpg?1

Cs1bRke.jpg?1

yAQw97j.jpg?1

5AtNHuG.jpg?1

With older buddy:

9wfWJcA.jpg?1

• Like 38

So now I've got Steve Miller Band playing in my head ("I'm a midnight toker...") and the graphics from the Beatles "Yellow Submarine" (movie) in my visual memory.

I'd love to see more about the construction (conversion) process!

bob

• Like 1

Fantastic build and paintwork!

You'll probably have a few saying it looks "too worn-out", but I'm quite a fan of the heavily-used look.

Better than too pristine, IMHO.

:goodjob::clap:

It is a super model. Weathering overdone? Perhaps in comparison to the well-known photo of the aircraft

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBH_enSE800SE800&q=spitfire+er180&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiypMaPpKThAhUGxMQBHZPhBr4QsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=1920&bih=970#imgrc=I7IYJzG5JTYuGM:

But perhaps not two weeks later.

But one problem: The spinner is not red; probably white.

• Like 1

Thanks very much guys!

On 3/26/2019 at 7:41 PM, gingerbob said:

So now I've got Steve Miller Band playing in my head ("I'm a midnight toker...") and the graphics from the Beatles "Yellow Submarine" (movie) in my visual memory.

I'd love to see more about the construction (conversion) process!

bob

I thought more about famous Jokers smile from Batman movies and comics 😁 Unfotunately I have one photo from build:

ydCuXUZ.jpg?3

10 hours ago, NPL said:

It is a super model. Weathering overdone? Perhaps in comparison to the well-known photo of the aircraft

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBH_enSE800SE800&q=spitfire+er180&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiypMaPpKThAhUGxMQBHZPhBr4QsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=1920&bih=970#imgrc=I7IYJzG5JTYuGM:

But perhaps not two weeks later.

But one problem: The spinner is not red; probably white.

When i'm building model I always mix weathering from many photo sources, not 1 particular. There is second photo which is showing same aircraft, when order to repaint all planes spinners (maybe for recogition purposes) to red colour was executed

Shark_Mouthed_Spitfire_La_Seni.jpg