This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Alfisti

Hinckley Show 2019-Sunday 19th May.

The 29th annual East Midlands Model Show to be held on Sunday 19th May 2019 at the Hinckley Leisure Centre,Argents Mead,Hinckley,Leics,LE10 1BZ.Doors open to the public from 1000 to 1600, and admission is £4.00 Adults,£1.50 Child/concession and £9.00 Family ticket.Lots of trade and club tables,FREE convenient parking at and around Leisure centre,disabled access and refreshments available. For further information and enquiries,please visit the web site  www.eastmidsmodelclub.co.uk 

BlackMike Models will be there, our first time at the Show so am looking forward to it.

You can pre-order for collection at the show from the BlackMike Models website, just select the free "collect at show' option for postage during checkout and remember to put a comment in the 'Notes' section stating which Show you'd like to collect from (that's important because your order will be cancelled unless it clearly states which show you will collect from, obviously the Hinckley Show in this case).

Duncan B

Please note,contrary to an advert placed in (at least) one of the monthly modelling magazines,there will be NO competition at this years show.This is due to circumstances beyond the clubs control,for which they sincerely apologise if this has caused any confusion.

Dave.

I used to trade at the Hinckley show, with my old company and then when I went out on my own. Always one of my favourite shows! Sad to say I can't make it this year as a punter, but wishing it all the success this year! Hope to see you all next year.

Steve

Less than a week to go until the Show. It'll be BlackMike Models' first time at the show so we're really looking forward to it.

As usual, we are taking pre-orders for collection on the day of the show. You can pre-order via the website (make sure you select the "collect at show" option and state which show in the "notes" section on the checkout page). You can also pre-order by PMing me here or via the BlackMike Models Facebook page and, of course, you can also phone in your order and have a nice chat if you so wish (phone number is available on the website).

I look forward to seeing you at the Show.

Duncan B

Hi all,not long now until the show this Sunday.

Have been informed that John Vasco will be on the Bookworld stand to sign copies and discuss his two books,Messeschmitt Me-110 Units, parts 1 and 2 in The Battle of Britain.

See you all there.

20 minutes ago, Alfisti said:

Hi all,not long now until the show this Sunday.

Have been informed that John Vasco will be on the Bookworld stand to sign copies and discuss his two books,Messeschmitt Me-110 Units, parts 1 and 2 in The Battle of Britain.

See you all there.

What time are you letting the clubs in to set up this year please?

The hall is booked from 2030hrs on the Saturday night(could you please inform us on the relevant page on the web site if you wish to set up on Sat night),and from 0700 on the Sunday morning.

Dave.

Setting off shortly for the long haul south to set up this evening. After a week of glorious Mediterranean style weather it had turned cold and wet up here. I hope the weather is more kind in the midlands.

Hopefully see some of you at the show on Sunday and for those who can't make it don't despair because the BlackMike Models website will be manned by VP Packaging. She'll be sitting by the computer waiting to leap into action I'm sure.

Duncan B

Anyone coming from the east, the A14 is closed J20 to 21 (A1) until monday so find another way. Luckily we are already here.

Modellingtools.co.uk  (& Models for sale) will be on the back wall, same position as last year.

Hope to see some of you in a few hours !

Paul

A big thank you to all the traders,clubs and visitors to todays show to make it the great day it was,from the East Midlands Model Club.

See you all again...…….Dave.

Many thanks to Eric and team for a good day out yesterday from IPMS Gloucester and Cotswold Scale Plastic Modeller Group, apologies about the odd trader moaning about our under the table stuff !!

Thanks to the organisers for putting on a fantastic show. I got home just after midnight with Steve having another 90 minutes to go from here so we are both rather tired today. 

With regards to the "under the table stuff", from where I was standing I could see there was an awful lot of stuff. More than I am used to seeing at other shows in fact. I am not sure if it is a sign of the times that everyone is dumping their stashes (while not spending as much as previously)  but I can understand and sympathise why the 'odd Trader' is taking umbrage as sales are down across the board (everyone I spoke to yesterday was down on previous years with the exception of one) and the overheads are going up (the trader's tables at this particular show are certainly not the cheapest around and are on a par with many 2 day shows). Competing with free (Club) tables and cut price kits will have affected every Trader in the hall to some degree or other. I did have a chuckle to myself when I overheard 2 gentlemen complaining that the 'under the table' kits weren't as cheap as previously so it just goes to show you can't please everybody regardless :) .

I hope the 'Lady' who filmed us all loading up at the end of the show and who then complained to the Police hasn't caused any trouble with the venue owners, she seemed to like the sound of here own voice! The Police drove off without coming over to us as they could see we were trying to be as quick as we could.

Well done once again to everyone who was involved in putting on the show, it's all too easy to forget that each show is put on by people who give up their own time freely to make them happen.

Duncan B

Well the club had asked people to keep to two boxes under the table, some tables had many more.

Julien