P-38 Lightning - HobbyBoss 1/72

CedB

"Also thanks to Bill for putting me on to watercolour pencils. I used a black one to mark the demarcation and then a red liquidex pen on the rest."

I newer heard of those pencils before. From where can one get them?

Revell had something similar many years ago. But i seems that it wasn't an succes. Never heard any builder use them.

Fantastic work with your HB P-38!

Cheers / André

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hendie said:

very nice job Ced.

shame about the sausages

Thanks hendie :D 

1 hour ago, Andre B said:

"Also thanks to Bill for putting me on to watercolour pencils. I used a black one to mark the demarcation and then a red liquidex pen on the rest."

I newer heard of those pencils before. From where can one get them?

Revell had something similar many years ago. But i seems that it wasn't an succes. Never heard any builder use them.

Fantastic work with your HB P-38!

Cheers / André

Thanks André :) 

You should be able to get watercolour pencils from the Internet or a local art shop. I got mine from here but a search for Rowney Watercolour or any 'Aquarell' should find something.

As Bill suggested they can (obviously) be sharpened for fine work. Also, if you wet the tip (I lick it) then more paint is applied allowing you to control the depth of colour. I'm still trying them out but they're good so far. Have a look at Bill's intake vents here. Marco also recommends them for instrument detail - I'll try that soon!

HTH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CedB said:

You should be able to get watercolour pencils from the Internet or a local art shop.

I have dozens of artist's watercolour pencils, but I'm still intriqued to try some of the new 'modelling specific' ones AK are introducing - I like the sound of the 'slightly waxy' bit, it might give tem a bit better adherance?

https://www.scalemodelshop.co.uk/products/weathering/ak-interactive-weathering/ak-weathering-pencils

Keith

• Like 1

I'm going to start urging you lot to try drawing and working with these on watercolour paper....  Good aquarelles are effective, and you can keep or lose control as you want. 

Anyone for a bit of colouring - in...? 

{] ÷}) §[

• Like 2

16 hours ago, hendie said:

very nice job Ced.

shame about the sausages

There wasn't even time to cook them, let alone eat them!

Great job though Ced!

Ian

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hells bells! I’m off for a few days and you’ve gone and build an aeroplane. A bloody nice one too.😀 I really enjoyed making my lightning, it looked like you had fun kid. I’ll pop over to your new build before you finish another. Top job Mr B. Sorry I missed it while it was a happenin’ .

Johnny. 

• Thanks 1