Revell M60 A1 with ERA 1:72 2nd updade/lower hull

BerndM

RevellsM60 is a fine kit but not an easy build. For a small 1:72 scale tank it is quite complex.

I have build the one with the dozer blade a few years back and even the blade is a little model in it s own right.

Can t wait to start.

• Like 1

Thank you Stix. The kit is for longer in my stash and this GB is a good opportunity to build it.

I hop that this also bring back my interest in 1/72 scale tanks and AFV builds in general.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Plasto said:

Good choice of subject Bernd..

Thanks for watching.

The M60 is a beast and looks even more menacing with the reactive armor plates on.

It is not decided yet if i do it oob or with some aftermarket stuff. PE parts are available from Hauler and there is a resin stowage set from Black Box out which looks fantastic.

• BerndM changed the title to Revell M60 A1 with ERA 1:72 Now with Pictures

The Revell kit.

1 boxart24 body5version

This is the desert storm variant there is also a green italian Version on the decal sheet.

versionb

A cold war warrior

versionc

An austrian tank

decals

The small but very nice decal sheet.

All in all a very nice kit wich builds well. The stowage basket on the rear of the turret is clearly a point were plastic molding is reaching the end of it s possibilities.

There is a mesh wire in but i have an idea for this if this fails a PE set from Hauler is available.

Cheers Bernd

( btw are my pictures too large ? )

:bye:

• Like 4

My Revell M60 A3 with the M9 dozer blade from 2014:

m60a-800x719m60b

It went well together but i was never too happy with the outcome of my paint job.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Silenoz said:

What's there not to like on this one?

Thank you.

The camo scheme could be a bit finer and my drybrushing was a bit too much.

Despite this it sits proud in my collection. Sometimes it turns out different as considered.

14 hours ago, Yetifan said:

Impressed with the MERDC paint job, I struggled to get it right on my 1/35 Tamiya M60 A1. 

Thank you.

I think 1:35 scale tanks are a bit more difficult to paint thanks to the larger space, i struggle everytime to make it look good.

36 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Your Revell M60 A3 and M9 dozer blade from 2014 was excellent Bernd - I remember it well! :clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix :)

This was well before Photobucket turned my topics into some sort of "Stealth" modelling:rage:

Nowadays my stuff is hosted by Flickr.

Have a great day

Bernd

• Like 1

That looks a gem of a kit  bernd, and you previous m60 with the dozer blade looks superb, revell do some really nice 72nd kits, great choice this I look forward to it

Glynn 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Plasto said:

Looks like a good kit.

The MERDC schemeconcthecearlier model looks fine as well...

That sounds very good. Thanks for commenting.

16 hours ago, Hewy said:

That looks a gem of a kit  bernd, and you previous m60 with the dozer blade looks superb, revell do some really nice 72nd kits, great choice this I look forward to it

Glynn 

Thank you Glynn :)

The dozer blade in the kit was a little model in its own right. The M60 is my most complex tank in this scale.

Nowadays you can read a lot of complains about products from Revell and indeed they have hits and misses but the 1:72 sclale AFV kits from them are a real force on the market.

Good build for a good price.

Have a great day

Bernd

• BerndM changed the title to Revell M60 A1 with ERA 1:72 First update/started

Hi all. Here are some pictures of the start of my build.

At first i have started to complete the lower hull with it s distinctive shape. Note the seam in the middle that needs to be cleaned before i continue with the suspension.

The headlights and their guards are on. 

The needed holes for the armor plates are drilled out. I have learned that parts like the headlight guards can be better cleaned when they are dry and on the hull.

The carpet monster will stay hungy:D

Cheers

Bernd

• Like 3

Thank you. i have started to assemble/cleaning the drive sprockets which are a four piece affair per unit. fiddly stuff !

Also i have noted since i have build my last tanks in 1:72 scale the kits must have become somewhat smaller. Now i need an optical aid !

7 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Funny how that happens isnt it.

Indeed pretty stunning. This aid is a lens worn like a base cap. makes me looking like a freak and my better half has always a funny time.

This thing has even a light installed !

• Like 1