8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

you now what, if I didn't know any better I'd think either the lower fuselage may have been very slightly warped, not by much but enough to throw the whole fit out.

Every things place seems to be determined by that lower fuselage section (reading the instructions), so if that's not 100% it'll throw everything off, and this looks like a model that needs everything aligned perfectly for it to fit correctly.

Or...

Actually I've just re-read them again, that lower intake ducting and its position is the key I think, any issues there and it'll be magnified further on. I've just had a look at my 1/32nd version and the instructions for the 1/72nd version. Neither has this intake ducting and added side fuselage bits, just a nice big simple lower fuselage tub (like most other swinging models have). Looks like Revell tried to be a bit clever with this and in the process shot themselves in the foot/head!! I reckon any of those bits in that rear section of the fuselage not 110% perfectly fitted with stuff you up. A nasty little trap for the unwary......bet you reviewers don't mention this!

I built ZM's 1/32nd Ta-152 is another model that if you didn't have the fit perfect, 100% or better then it was pure :poop: to build...and it was!!!

Unfortunately I think you're just going to have to clamp sections at a time and super glue the buggers into submission! It won't be pretty but with enough cursing and swearing (add alcohol if needed) it can be beaten into submission...

....else the forward fuselage/cockpit looks all ok....just chop it off and stick it on the front of a TSR.2 and problem solved! :D

I think you are right about both the lower ducting and that alignment is the key, and also that Revell have tried to be too clever and fallen short. Kits like this can work, ICM's Mig-25 is a prime example as it builds up similarly with the big exception that all the parts actually align and fit very well, whereas the Tornado has no positive alignment aids and the fit of some of the parts is sloppy to say the least and, as we can all see, this builds errors into the build.

....so can i sign up up for the TSR.2 mod program???

I'd be happy to let one of those in the build!

.....and it's ok to hate Bruno for kidnapping your pilot!! I'm sure we can round up a team to rescue him before switches to wearing loud shirts!! (arrr please don't look in my wardrobe!!!!! :whistle:)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, trickyrich said:

....so can i sign up up for the TSR.2 mod program???

I'd be happy to let one of those in the build!

.....and it's ok to hate Bruno for kidnapping your pilot!! I'm sure we can round up a team to rescue him before switches to wearing loud shirts!! (arrr please don't look in my wardrobe!!!!! :whistle:)

No, still no TSR 2 so unfortunately I can't modify one, even though you would be willing to bend the rules to allow it.

I thought it was okay to hate Bruno Mars anyway :) , looks like he's found a whole squadron's worth of Marinefleiger pilots. 

1 hour ago, Col. said:

That's impressive work on the 'pit and pilots! Shame about the rest of the kit :( 

Cheers Col, yes it is a shame about the rest of the kit.

I've glued and clamped everything as best as I can and then filled all the gaps, just need to build up the enthusiasm for a mammoth sanding session. Off to a local model show tomorrow so won't be getting much done build wise.

• Like 2