Badger's 1/72 Revell / MR Modellbau M60 - Completed!

badger

Tracks and commander figure looking excellent Ben. Don't know how you have the patience to paint the insignia in 1/72!

Very well done! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Thanks 1

Landmark update tonight - the tracks are all finished and installed! 

IMG_20190606_225458

I was so pleased at getting this done, I also glued in the commander figure.

IMG_20190606_225505

Just final touch ups and some further weathering and this will be done.

IMG_20190606_225447

More soon

All the best

Ben

• Like 5

On 06/06/2019 at 08:16, PlaStix said:

Tracks and commander figure looking excellent Ben. Don't know how you have the patience to paint the insignia in 1/72!

Very well done! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix 

Cheers Stix

Weirdly I rather enjoy the insignia as it tends to add a splash of colour and bring the figure to life.

In 1/72 most of it is only hinted at, but this is enough to give the impression.

All the best

Ben

• Like 1

And calling this one finished!

IMG_20190609_000119

Tonight's session saw the weathering applied. I deliberately went with a fairly restrained approach, as these tanks were kept clean and well maintained.

IMG_20190609_000144

I applied a earth effects wash over the lower hull, suspension, running gear and tracks. 

IMG_20190609_000129

The tank was then mounted to the base to prevent further handling.

IMG_20190609_000217

The upper hull had a slight dulling / fading with pastels and the intake grilles were darkened with black pastels.

IMG_20190609_000241

I then applied an acrylic mud paint (which I added some of my soil colour paint into so it would match the groundwork). This was applied over the lower hull.

Once dry GW lahmian medium was painted over it and a brush loaded with earth colour pastel tapped onto it. The medium acts as a pigment adhesive and it dries to look like clumps of dried earth / dust.

IMG_20190609_000223

A few touch ups with the various weathering effect and it was done.

IMG_20190609_000237

The final part was to add the aerials from albion alloys steel rod (which flexes slightly) and paint these black, before adding the nameplate to complete it.

2019-06-09_12-04-12

It's been a great GB - I've been wanting to build this version of the Patton for years, so despite a few bumps along the way, I'm glad I stuck at it and have finished it.

Thanks to the hosts and all who have looked in on my build.

See you (back) in the tiger GB.

All the best

Ben

• Like 4

Well done Ben - you seem to be on a roll recently - another brilliant subject roars over the finish line :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thank you I was happy you participated Ben. Your M60 and commander Vignette look's the business. 

Dennis

Thanks Dennis and cheers for all the encouragement along the way.

13 hours ago, Silenoz said:

Really nice result, beautiful Dio too

Thanks Silenoz and cheers for the information about the tracks. I gave the treads a good sanding before I painted them and it seemed to solve the issue.

12 hours ago, BIG X said:

Well done Ben - you seem to be on a roll recently - another brilliant subject roars over the finish line :thumbsup:

Many thanks and cheers for the encouragement Steve. Feels good to be getting a few done after years of not being able to complete anything.

All the best

Ben

• Like 1

Well done Ben!! Awesome M60 and the base sets it off beautifully!! Superb modelling - especially in 1/72! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Well done Ben!! Awesome M60 and the base sets it off beautifully!! Superb modelling - especially in 1/72! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thanks Stix and cheers for all the encouragement.

All the best

Ben

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hewy said:

Top job again Ben, nice little scene you've done too

Cheers Hewy

Rather pleased with how it turned out in the end.

All the best

Ben

Edited by badger
  • Like 1

I watched a documentary the other night about the Berlin Wall and a stand off at Checkpoint Charlie in particular.  There was some great footage of Patton Tanks - sizing up to Russian T54s.

Dangerous times eh...

• Like 2

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 09:26, BIG X said:

I watched a documentary the other night about the Berlin Wall and a stand off at Checkpoint Charlie in particular.  There was some great footage of Patton Tanks - sizing up to Russian T54s.

Dangerous times eh...

Missed that one as I would have liked to have seen it.

I've visited Checkpoint Charlie a couple of years ago, and whilst the actual checkpoint is a tourist gimmick there is a rather good museum nearby. I also walked the route of part of the Berlin Wall and it was fascinating to see how it completely cut the city in two.

I think a lot of people forget just how serious things got at times.

All the best

Ben

• Like 2