THE ELEPHANT ITALY 1944

15 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Weathering is spot on. All coming together nicely. 

Cheers Lee......:yes:, I'm really trying to get this one done along with some other long term projects ready for the show in Milton Keynes in May.

Cheers

Simon.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Yeah, same here Bob. With Summer approaching the jobs list is growing too.....decorating, driveway amendments etc etc......:unamused:

What happened to all this equality of the sexes, I point this out to my neighbours, it's funny you only see the men doing the gardening, DiY, car cleaning etc.  Strange that!  :shrug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 26/02/2022 at 16:51, Redcoat2966 said:

Afternoon all

Been flitting around from one project to the next.....so ended up on the Elephant for it's final stages. This stage being mud and dust. I've finished the base coats for the mud, next will be lighter shades and then an over dusting with a scumble glaze. The mud itself is just pigments set with a mix of matt varnish and Tamiya x20 thinner.

54eCF1E.jpg

mJqx3Tn.jpg

svYhxGj.jpg

JpP1J1V.jpg

4XEZClQ.jpg

Well thats it for now, have to get some other tasks done today....then back on this I hope over the weekend.

Cheers all.

Simon.

Top work 👍

MD

• Thanks 1

Just when I think my skills are coming along nicely, I come here and see stuff like this, and then I realize how much I still have to learn.  Absolutely top notch!  Looks like it just rumbled out of a battle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/28/2022 at 6:00 PM, Retired Bob said:

What happened to all this equality of the sexes, I point this out to my neighbours, it's funny you only see the men doing the gardening, DiY, car cleaning etc.  Strange that!  :shrug:

Careful Bob, you might get your self cancelled.....:o, we have to be PC at all times, you might upset a Woke :laugh:member, who self identifies as a Tulip, or what ever.........

.......but, I agree, very funny how it's a single sex world in those chores....

On 3/2/2022 at 3:08 PM, THEscaleSHOW said:

Top work 👍

MD

On 3/2/2022 at 6:02 PM, M3talpig said:

Stunning :goodjob:

On 3/2/2022 at 6:04 PM, ErikT said:

Just when I think my skills are coming along nicely, I come here and see stuff like this, and then I realize how much I still have to learn.  Absolutely top notch!  Looks like it just rumbled out of a battle.

Thanks everyone, appreciate the praise on this one. I've nearly finished it and look forward to getting it in the RFI section.

Thanks again to all who've popped by for a look....:yes:

Simon.

• Like 1