Hawker Siddeley Nimrod MR1 - RFI at last!

Hello CedB,

I did follow your WIP.

The finished model was worth all the effort you did  put into it.

It looks great. especially the bomb bay area.

Regards, Orion.

Having just read your build thread I can appreciate all the hard work that you have put into this. Well done, a cracking finish.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dbay133 said:

This is an awesome build.  I would be happy to build to 10% of your standard.

Regards

Graeme

Thanks Graeme, very kind of you to say so :) 

My modelling has improved a lot since I joined BM and I have to say it's not a 'natural talent' of mine. I've developed techniques by watching other members here and they've been very helpful and kind in helping me improve. I still don't count myself among the 'Master Modellers' but I do enjoy the hobby - and that's the main thing eh?

25 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Fine fine fine very fine work.

That looks amazing Ced! 🎬 :clap:

Thanks Tony - pleased that you like her. Still no brass though… :) 

18 minutes ago, Rogue. said:

Having just read your build thread I can appreciate all the hard work that you have put into this. Well done, a cracking finish.

Thanks Rogue - it was quite hard and certainly long! Thanks for the kind comments :) 

That's a very nicely done model :) 

The colour scheme was a good choice as well rather than the drab greys and barley that you usually see made

Love the cockpit detail as well, good to see Billy Idol has got a day job as a pilot now though ;)

Might have to get round to one of these at some point :) 

Ian

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CedB said:

Thanks Graeme, very kind of you to say so :) 

My modelling has improved a lot since I joined BM and I have to say it's not a 'natural talent' of mine. I've developed techniques by watching other members here and they've been very helpful and kind in helping me improve. I still don't count myself among the 'Master Modellers' but I do enjoy the hobby - and that's the main thing eh?

Indeed it is.  I am enjoying my return to the hobby and viewing the WIPs are giving me the encouragement to improve my skills and to move beyond OOB builds.  BM is an absolute mine of information to help us lesser skilled modellers.  Keep it up Ced, I will be following your builds.

Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks Anil. Harrison Ford eh? I am humbled :)

Thanks Ian. Billy Idol? Well, some sort of idol I guess :) 

2 hours ago, dbay133 said:

Indeed it is.  I am enjoying my return to the hobby and viewing the WIPs are giving me the encouragement to improve my skills and to move beyond OOB builds.  BM is an absolute mine of information to help us lesser skilled modellers.  Keep it up Ced, I will be following your builds.

Thanks

Graeme that’s the way to do it! Don’t be afraid to post your WiPs and ask for help and, like me, you’ll get lots of helpful comments. Following you now and looking forward to your next build :) 

• Like 1

An absolute beauty.  Lovely smooth paint finish and detailing.  This is my favourite scheme on the type by far.  I've had mine sitting on the shelf for sometime now awaiting some fine weather to start rattle canning outside with good old Halfords Appliance Whte. Unfortunately, being an exceedngly lazy modeller, my weapons bay looks horrbly bare in terms of added detail compared to yours.  I wish I'd opted for the Alley Cat canopy.  I'm not convinced I've blended in the kit's piece very well.  I guess the first coat of paint will confirm this either way.  Still, not too late to fit the Alley Cat part I suppose.

Anyway, great inspiration to get on and finish mine.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Meatbox :) 

One sadness for me is that, due to the detailed bay, I didn't want to hide it by fitting the weapons - I'm sure they'll hide the 'bareness' of the kit bay beautifully!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Ced,

Got a Nimrod recently so will be resurrecting your entertaining and informative  wip and all the helpful comments by other BM's as I work through the build.  Its true you don't know what you don't know.  Clearly there are lots of things I need to correct.

Thanks

Colin

• Thanks 1

Thanks Colin - I hope your build goes well :) 

In retrospect I'm not sure I'd worry too much about the intakes - during my modifications I found it quite hard to see the difference!