A question on the Handley Page Victor

tnuag

I'd love one as well Neil, but a significant portion of my Hannants watching list has been devoted to AiM products for the last couple of years.....

GE72025 AIM - Ground Equipment   Trolley - Accumulator: RAF post-... 18th Jan 15

GE72035 AIM - Ground Equipment   Thompson Mk.V Aircraft Fueller.                     23rd Jul 16

GE72048 AIM - Ground Equipment   RAF Medium (Taskmaster) tractor                   10th Oct 16

GE72049 AIM - Ground Equipment   RAF Super Taskmaster tractor.                         10th Oct 16

GE72059 AIM - Ground Equipment   Gloster Meteor Tow Bar                                     23rd Jul 16

GE72062 AIM - Ground Equipment   AEC Mandator Blue Steel transpor...               23rd Jul 16

GE72063 AIM - Ground Equipment   Blue Steel bomb trolley. For...                            23rd Jul 16

GE72070 AIM - Ground Equipment   A400M Atlas Tow Bar                                        31st Aug 17

GE72071 AIM - Ground Equipment   Hawk Tow Bar                                                      23rd Jul 16

GE72072 AIM - Ground Equipment   Lockheed-Martin F-35A Lightning                   23rd Jul 16

GE72073 AIM - Ground Equipment   Hawk Tow Bar                                                      23rd Jul 16

GE72074 AIM - Ground Equipment   Hunter Tow Bar                                                    23rd Jul 16

GE72075 AIM - Ground Equipment   Lightning Tow Bar                                               23rd Jul 16

GE72076 AIM - Ground Equipment   Tornado Tow Bar                                                 23rd Jul 16

GE72077 AIM - Ground Equipment   Tucano Tow Bar                                                  23rd Jul 16

GE72078 AIM - Ground Equipment   Typhoon Tow Bar                                               23rd Jul 16

GE72085 AIM - Ground Equipment   F-59 tractor (current RAF medium...  23rd Jul 16

GE72100 AIM - Ground Equipment   RAF Type W "Wendy" Loader. Fo...               15th Jun 18

19 minutes ago, tnuag said:

Apologies - I have been swamped with aeroplane wants as well.

I will use your list as an aide memoir - in fairness look at the number of new items we have produced.

Neil

if you stick a good B1 conversion at the top of the list and produce same I think a large number of us on here will be very happy modeller and all sins forgiven !

For what its worth being effectively self employed and a one man band myself I know just how much you are at the mercy of the winds and tides that pull you different ways at their merest whim.  I have lost count of the empty diary days that were filled with emergency calls for help by 8.55 am.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tnuag said:

in fairness look at the number of new items we have produced.

True - Your announced to released ratio is slightly (ok, a lot!) better than my bought to built ratio, but if you could improve yours mine would only get worse....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, tnuag said:

We have been looking at the Airfix Victor kit - would a B1 conversion be of interest?

I'd certainly be willing to put my name down for that one. 

Any news on the Matador Blue Steel Transporter I suggested a couple of years ago? 

Yes - it is the Mandator and it is planned to follow the current series of Canadair conversions (Yukon, CL-44 and Argus). Mandator has been delayed because of problems with casting clear resin windows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

would a B1 conversion be of interest?

Absolutely Neil! Please go for it. Having wrestled with several Matchbox conversions the thought of a conversion set of the quality of your Valiant B2 set would be a Godsend. As an added bonus several parts in the K2 boxing could also be used in a K1/1A conversion.

• Like 1

We must get the Mandator out before looking at the Victor.

Incidentally, we have just improved the Valiant B2 conversion with the addition of resin main wheels, to give better hub detail. I am just wondering if we should make the new wheels available separately.

• Like 1

Understood Neil, the Mandator will be extremely welcome, I can see a few of these adorning our Bomber Command SIG table. Funnily enough regarding the Valiant, I ended up using a few sets of CMK Canberra PR9 main wheels to represent the later style but providing your wheels as a separate item would be really great. Do you have any photos of the new parts?

I'm sure you'll have most if not all you need but if you're looking for any particular info on the Victor B1 please let me know.