1:32 BF-109E-3

Hello all,

This is my Cyber-hobby/ Dragon Bf-109E-3. I riveted and stressed the skin on this project. I used HGW seatbelts, Yaha instrument panel along with some minor scratch building in the cockpit. As per my usual I used Model Master paints. Thanks for looking.

Internet BF-109-1Internet BF-109-2Internet BF-109-3Internet BF-109-5Internet BF-109-6Internet BF-109-7Internet BF-109-8

Rod

• Like 52

Really wonderful. 

The first picture had me fooled and I did a double-take!

One small point, the Bf 109E rivets are a bit 'over done' for me.

They are usually almost invisible, except really close up (as are the panel seams).

If you follow the link below you'll see from a contemporary colour photograph what I mean.

https://me109.info/display.php?from=site&lang=de&auth=e&name=version_display&fotonummer=286

But you made a brilliant model and super photography.

Edited by FatFlyHalf
Fixed the link

12 hours ago, FatFlyHalf said:

Really wonderful. 

The first picture had me fooled and I did a double-take!

One small point, the Bf 109E rivets are a bit 'over done' for me.

They are usually almost invisible, except really close up (as are the panel seams).

If you follow the link below you'll see from a contemporary colour photograph what I mean.

https://me109.info/display.php?from=site&lang=de&auth=e&name=version_display&fotonummer=286

But you made a brilliant model and super photography.

Thank you for that feedback. 

V/R

Rod

Always interesting to see a JG 2 Emil without all the stippling that typified their camo as the war moved on after Poland/France etc. Great attention to detail and superb photo background. Well done! Paul.

Realism doesn’t get much better than this. Brilliant model and amazing photography. I think the riveting and panel lines work - without them you would be sacrificing up close detail so it’s a good compromise.  I can’t see anything out place here. Very well done... 👍

Amazing work and photgraphy. For me, it's that second photo. That could easily be passed as real, and the more I look at it, the more realistic it looks.  It could so easily be somewhere in France in May 1940. Brilliant! 

Hi Rod!!

Really very impressive!!!  I love your kind of modelling and especially the art of your photography!!

All in all:  Superb!!!😍

Cheers 

Andy

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 1:03 AM, Hobo said:

Absolutely beautiful - simply stunning. The weathering is subtle and convincing. The first two photos look like the real thing. How did you weather it?

I used water colors and faded the paint.

Rod

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2019 at 12:23 AM, Harry Callahan said:

A very great model and absolute brilliant photographed, looks so real. May i ask you what kind of gras did you used, or is it a gras mat? Which brand is it?

Thank you so much

Sorry for so long on answer. It is from build-A-Rama.

Rod