Porsche Cayman 981 GTS - 2015

Mark Szeman

Hey guys!  

I've been scouring the interwebs for a Porsche Cayman 981 GTS kit but to no avail.

The only thing I've been able to find is :

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/fujimi-126227-porsche-cayman-cayman-s--953526

953526-27767-66-pristine.jpg

I want to get something soon so I can get started on it for my brothers birthday next year, I like to model after real life with some personal connection, this is his

40496707343_bab441238c_b.jpg

Since the photo was taken the rims have been powder coated black :) 

The main differences I can see between the kit, which is just the S, and the real thing (GTS) are the side skirts / body panels and the air intake.

I found these on the forums:

And was wondering if anyone that has the kit can give some input im crap at cars and although there are those that can tell the difference between a 1984 Ford Capri and a 1986 Ford Capri based only on the difference in the grill or light diameter :) Im at a loss other than the 2-3 blaring differences I listed. 

Or maybe there is even a conversion kit at some obscure site that you chaps seem to be able to find :) your google-fu is better than mine when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks blokes

The Fujimi kit is based on the 2005-2012 Porsche 987 Cayman/Cayman S and is a fairly faithful reproduction of the car. The only change I had to make to the model was ro rebuild the dashboard to RHD (not a difficult job) and change the windscreen wipers to UK style (fiddly but doable). So now the model in my living room looks like the real thing on my drive.

Looking at the picture you supplied, there needs to be some changes to match the GTS you posted a picture of. There are no conversion kits I know of so I think you may have to revert to filler and plastic.

Thanks @Nigel Bunker , I thought there wouldn't be, I've been all up and down scalemates and have been pulling all my google-fu tricks out of the bag, no luck.. It doesn't look too hard to sculpt that area, I have some silicone and resin kicking about so I may sculpt the addition on to the body, and pout it from resin, to forego cutting the body up if possible. 

Do you have any pics of the Cayman you made ? 

I also only know the C1 transkit, but it won't help you really... it's a pitty...but somehow the Aftermarket seems not to recocknize that the late late models of the Cayman looks much more sporty...

Good luck transforming the Fujimi

Marco F

• Like 1

Thanks guys!  That body is allot closer to what i need and would need less modifying.  I may go that route, it is a bit spendy but I'd like to make it as good as possible. I made the MK II Ford for his birthday this year, and we all start somewhere i know, but when I look at it I feel a little cringy :) I want this next one to be much better, take my time and make it nice.  I'll be saving that site, those bodies and kits they do look like absolute top notch quality.  Thanks guys.