Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Elias

Avro Manchester scale plans

Recommended Posts

Maybe the Warpaint monograph on the Manchester? WTP103- I'm pretty sure it had 1/72 scale plans. There also might have been some in an older issue of Scale Aircraft Modelling, but I don't recall the volume and issue number- IIRC it was a conversion build, using an Airfix Lancaster- maybe one of my UK brethren can help you.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do remember correctly, but I‘ll have to leave the provision of the exact issue to someone else. And if I RRC, there was also one in the PSL Classic a/c and how to model them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are plans in the Kirby book on the Manchester, which is a good book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kirkby book is an excellent reference,with many photos and details for every Manchester build,but no plans.

 

Aj press book about Lancaster has many plans about Manchester,but don't know how accurate are.

 

Does anybody have the Aviation news vol12 25 from 1984?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elias said:

but no plans.

this edition

1606230.JPG

 

has plans to 1/144th on pages 190-191

 

The PSL  Lancaster book has details of how to convert existing kits, so has the differences drawn.  The book is old, about 1980, so don't know how well it stand up (book not too hand or i'd check)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Manchester flying on one engine! I bet that didn't happen very often lol

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you would not loose a bet, Stevejj. That is why one pilot, who brought her back from Berlin raid on one engine, did not have to wait for long to receive his well-deserved DFC. Cheers

Jure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

this edition

1606230.JPG

 

has plans to 1/144th on pages 190-191

 

The PSL  Lancaster book has details of how to convert existing kits, so has the differences drawn.  The book is old, about 1980, so don't know how well it stand up (book not too hand or i'd check)

Which the PSL book is?

Yes you're right there are some plans on pages 190-191

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am fairly certain I have the plans from Aviation News, but suspect they are at my mother's house, so it may be some time before I can get them.

 

Paul 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stevejj said:

A Manchester flying on one engine! I bet that didn't happen very often lol

It happened all too frequently @Stevejj, but was followed very shortly after by a landing if you were lucky, or a crash if you weren't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Elias said:

Which the PSL book is?

Yes you're right there are some plans on pages 190-191

the PSL book is this one

1606549.JPG

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And if vildebeest can't find his set, I can help - pm me your email if that's the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I have both the PSL book and Aviation News scanned if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 8:31 AM, Elias said:

Kirkby book is an excellent reference,with many photos and details for every Manchester build,but no plans.

 

Aj press book about Lancaster has many plans about Manchester,but don't know how accurate are.

 

Does anybody have the Aviation news vol12 25 from 1984?

I've got a set of the Aviation News plans that you're looking for. Just send me a PM if you need them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. my Aviation News plans are not at home, which means they will be at my Mum's house, and it will be a couple of weeks before I am there again.

 

Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×