Cap. America - Royal Model 1/35

Hi fellow modellers

Last "adventure" in the world of figures...

Tratado-DSC-6147.jpg

Tratado-DSC-6151.jpg

Tratado-DSC-6152.jpg

Tratado-DSC-6158.jpg

Tratado-DSC-6161.jpg

Tratado-DSC-6179.jpg

<SPAM LINK REMOVED>

Still a lot to learn...but with pacience and practice...it will get better!

João Mendes

Edited by Mike
Removing spam from post
  • Like 19

Hi João

I really like this piece! I love the dirt and weathering. Also you didn't just fill the folds with dark color, so the wrinkles look more natural. The base is beautiful too. I love the muddy path. 

The only thing for me that makes this scene look like a miniature is the tree. It's a wrong scale and it makes it look small. Other than that, a really nice scenery!

Stefan

2 hours ago, Steff84 said:

Hi João

I really like this piece! I love the dirt and weathering. Also you didn't just fill the folds with dark color, so the wrinkles look more natural. The base is beautiful too. I love the muddy path. 

The only thing for me that makes this scene look like a miniature is the tree. It's a wrong scale and it makes it look small. Other than that, a really nice scenery!

Stefan

Thank you Stefan.
I see what you re saying... I made the base as an experience/learning workshop, so i didn t had the figure by then... I though it could work as a nice scenery for a coming "back of mission" ideia, but i see your point, if the tree was higher it would fit better and would give it a better sense of height for the whole set. Definitely its something to watch out and be more aware...
Thank you!

I don't necessary mean the height by itself. I love the idea of a broken tree. 

It's the scale of the bark, the mushrooms and the texture. They are all too big for 1/35. It is obvious that they are real life sizes and will suggest that the figure itself is a miniature. Don't get me wrong, I love the diorama, the tree just breaks the illusion. For example, if you would replace the tree with a 1/35 tree or tree stump, whatever, and it would be perfect. 

But it's criticism on a high level ;) I really like it and the figure fits the scenery very well. Just an input for the next project, which I'm looking forward to :) 

• Like 1

Hi João,

That's a really nice figure & dio :)

There was a link to "bbva compass branch near me" in your original post, which appears to be spam.  Were you aware of its presence, or could it be that you have some malware on your system that slips things like that in when you aren't looking?  I've edited it out, and if it wasn't you, I would advise you to scan your system for malware in case you have an infection that could compromise your personal details.

Drop me a PM if you need to discuss it further :yes:

@Greg B@Julien for your info.