"Almost ready, sir." Cyrenaica, 1942 Lots of pictures

Pretty much calling this one done.  It has been in process for a good while with some starts and stops due to real life getting in the way.  

It is Eduard's 1/48 Bf-109 F-4 with their resin engine kit along with Tamiya's Kubelwagen, starter cart and bits and bobs.  The figures are all Tamiya, with varying levels of modification.  

Anyway, enough of the boring bits, on to the pictures:

P3240310.jpg

P3240312.jpg

P3240313.jpg

P3240314.jpg

P3240315.jpg

P3240316.jpg

P3240318.jpg

P3240319.jpg

P3240320.jpg

P3240323.jpg

P3240325.jpg

P3240326.jpg

P3240327.jpg

P3240328.jpg

P3240332.jpg

P3240333.jpg

P3240334.jpg

P3240336.jpg

P3240338.jpg

As ever, comments, criticisms, thoughts are all welcome.

Matt

Edited by Matt Parvis
  • Like 31

Well, that's a superb diorama, Matt.

The layout is great, the Kubelwagen and 109 are great, the figures are great (and it's hard to believe they are 1/48th) the fuel drums and trailer, and worktable, and the rocky/gritty ground are great - it's all great.

I can't fault anything really, but perhaps I'd have gone a tiny bit further with the ground and the clumps of 'grass'.  I'd have a applied a few subtle washes to the 'soil' under the plane, extending out towards the fuel drums. Also, I'd have added a few more clumps of grass: grouping some clumps together, and using a paler shade of green to make it look less 'succulent'.

But that's just me, and your diorama is superb as it is.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks for your thoughts Badder.

Looking at the grass clumps I see what you mean.  My thought for the dark color was to emphasis that the clumps were hardy, tough, not particularly succulent scrub.  Looking at them in place with the rest of the groundwork I think they are a little dark.  Fortunately enough, a little more dry-brushing of lighter colors will be simple to do so I will give it a couple of days to settle in my thoughts and come back to it to see what I think.  

Matt 

3 hours ago, John_W said:

I would have put a tarpaulin on the wings. That guy is kneeling on hot metal in short trousers.

John,

You are right.  Probably should have done that.  It would have made more sense certainly and it likely would have made it easier to pose that figure. (He is pretty extensively modified.)

Maybe I'll change the title to "Almost ready, sir." Cyrenaica, 1942, early morning. 😁

Matt

• Like 1

Great job Matt - everything expertly finished as per your usual standards

What a great Dio - And even more Great to have you back building :clap2:

The figures are particularly nicely done

Rob

• 2 weeks later...