Idf, m60 a1 blazer

Hewy

A wash and a bit of chipping, and a little further ahead, still quite a bit to do,  this is how it stands, and a real magach that I've been using as a guide 

zmKGoXu.jpg

3gmimko.jpg

Photos reveal still a bit of wash to clean up🤔

pUoyFWd.jpg

i7UZiYX.jpg

• Like 8

22 hours ago, modelling minion said:

The IDF certainly do like to make their tanks "busy" with just about everything they can think of hanging from them! Great photo to work from Glynn and you are doing a greta job on your build, she certainly has that "used" look about her.

Cheers Craig, the idf is a very interesting modelling subject for sure,  (colours too) I've looked at a picture of three of these tanks together in a camp, and two of them are completely different shades, my first idf model but I  really do want to build a shot kal - gimel  centurion, but I do hope to recreate that busy look though 

• Like 2

Hi Glynn. Your painting techniques and skills are once again evident on your build. They really are very effective at bringing your tank projects to life. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

Cheers @PlaStix glad you like it up to yet, the tracks are causing headaches, I'm close to pulling the trigger on aftermarket ones, I'll finish the weathering first though

As it stands at present I'm in the process of busying it up, with bits and bobs from old builds, I'm going to make some tarps later on

Tow cables made up, I want to do another double to drape across the front

GdJYaF7.jpg

Guns given a drybrush

dCQOi75.jpg

And some bits and bobs on the turret

aN8uKHV.jpg

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Wish mine looked as good as this. I'm still trying to get the Vietnamese orangey dust color down on mine. Then some mud on the lower hull. 

I'm no good at dust and mud pigment Dennis, I much prefer to paint those effects on, god willing it turns out for you👍

41 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

That really is looking awesome Glynn.

The machine guns look great after their dry-brushing and weathering.

Cheers Craig, I'm glad those guns are done, I won't attach them till near the end I'm bound to total one or two of them, hands like monkeys feet Mrs hewy once said🤔, I thought about  plucking up the courage to ask her for a couple of strands of hair for the ariels, a'la Mrs minions help on your kv, but they probably aren't to scale, a bit too thick and wirey 😂( the ariels I mean) 

Glynn 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wow!! That is looking so impressive Glynn! All the paintwork looks superb and your guns all look superb too!

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Thanks 1

Thanks fellas , glad you like it up to yet. i shall be back on it after the weekend.  my sea king build in another gb   has needed some attention

• Like 1

Really enjoyed this thread the IDF vehicles always have lots of interest. The paint job looks superb and excellent weathering. Looking forward to seeing the finished model 🙂

• Thanks 1

Hello badder, I'm ordering the wolf pack magach tracks after the Bank Holiday, I'm not going to struggle with the kit ones, they don't want to play fair, glad you like it so far, I'll put the few decals on next week, a couple of the decals are painted on a piece of tarp on the 1/1, so I've had to buy a couple of bottles of wine for the foil,(May make the odd mistake) the lengths we go to for our hobby hey badder, so it looks like I'll be attempting that tomorrow 🤪

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello just letting everyone know that we’re halfway through the build as of today. Hoping to see the new tracks soon. 

Dennis

I ordered them  Tuesday Dennis  they're coming all the way from down under for the decent price of £13, ish  delivered, cheaper by far than any where in the EU, I couldn't find them for sale in the UK, 

• Like 1

The tracks are here, they look great, I've even invested in a new pair of cutters to remove them from the sprues, some tamiya 035 fine pointed ones, save some clean up I hope🤞 my old xurons were a bit blunt, hope to post some pictures tomorrow 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Now I've got my bench back from a couple of unforseen builds, I'm back on the magach to the finish, I started the tracks this evening, and I can report they go together well and they fit the sprockets nicley  too, update soon

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well as always just lately, a little rushed, I'm off to Edinburgh for a lads break and the gb finishes the day I'm back, so I've had to get my skates on, I crushed the airels during the photos😡I straightened them out best I could but they need replacing, looking at it under the zoom of the camera there needs some touching up, but I'm calling it done for the gb

I made the tarps from tissue and raided the spares box for bags and other bits of Stowage, the wolf pack tracks went together well and only took me a while because I built some  king tiger tracks along with them, this was mind numbing, 

Big thanks to Dennis @Corsairfoxfouruncle and most enjoyable gb

Glynn 

The tracks in progress

cxnztjE.jpg

And the end product

tMecAHR.jpg

MxjcP2s.jpg

je8HAWA.jpg

LYvn76o.jpg

fdslPQq.jpg

M20VKhQ.jpg

8NUtRWY.jpg