Eduard FW190A-8 new version 82147 in 1/48

anj4de

Hello all

The new Eduard 1/48 FW190A-8 is available over here now. I just placed my order, to be delivered on the 26th of March. Going throuh the sprues of all "new tool" Butcher Birds now I think we now have everything in one box or the other for all versions from the A-2 to A-9? I guess the new A-8 kit will have the wings with the standard 20mm outboard guns...which were missing on the A8/R2 that came with the Reichverteidigungs Pack. So now also the A-6 and A-7 are possible. Here is the new box art...very nice IMHO. Does anybody know anything about the 5 decal options already? Eduard's web page is not showing the kit yet...it seems though that some German dealers got the delivery earlier as expected...

cheers

Uwe

Eduard-FW190-A-8.jpg

Thanks a lot...yes, they are there at the very end of the pdf. The JG300 Neubiberg version of the box art suits me just fine, I was growing up right next to that airfield. Meanwhile it's a housing area, at least some of it. I wonder if all those birds that were collected at Neubiberg at war's end were scrapped and taken away or rather burried. I have head nothing of any being found when the houses were built there...

cheers

Uwe

Eduard-190-A-8-decals.jpg

Edited by anj4de
  • Like 2

Hello all

The kit arrived today. Here are some pics of what I found to be the "new" bits of this release. The wings now have the standard 20mm outboard cannons and related details. Small PE parts are included for an option, I think it's the cover plate that on the R2 version has the shell exausts for the 30mm MK108. See pics...

The decals look good as always. Kölle Alaf red 19 can be build in both options, with and without red fuselage band. The JG5 "Eismeer" crest is included in three differnt versions. I also like the JG4 version even though my sklills will most likely not allow to mask and paint the fuselage band, the very thin piping left and right would be very challanging.

I guess that's it...really. Again you will get a huge amout of spare parts and with aftermarket decals this boxing allows everything from a A-5 heavy to an A-9 since I believe the bigger front armor ring of the A-9 would not be vissible in 1/48.

cheers

Uwe

20190326-211941.jpg

20190326-211952.jpg

20190326-212007.jpg

20190326-212215.jpg

Edited by anj4de
  • Like 4

Thanks for posting some photos, it seems another good kit, much like their earlier version. I’ve built the A-5, am currently working on the A-4 and couldn’t be happier with them. Might get one of these when the weekend version comes along, or maybe 2, since like you said we can easily turn it into an A-6 or A-7

Edited by Holzhamer

On 3/27/2019 at 2:28 PM, Holzhamer said:

Thanks for posting some photos, it seems another good kit, much like their earlier version. I’ve built the A-5, am currently working on the A-4 and couldn’t be happier with them. Might get one of these when the weekend version comes along, or maybe 2, since like you said we can easily turn it into an A-6 or A-7

In my opinion the WE editions are not he best deal. If you do not like the decals you have to buy extra, masks are extra cost and PE is nice to have even though not required...apart from the seat belts. With the cost of 25EUR for the Profi Pack I think this is the better deal...

• Like 2

On 3/29/2019 at 11:08 PM, Sturmovik said:

25€ the Profipack kit? They're between 30 and 40€ in Madrid. 

https://www.ebay.de/itm/EDUARD-82147-Focke-Wulf-Fw190A-8-in-1-48-ProfiPACK/312538619480?epid=12030737911&hash=item48c4c0de58:g:m-AAAOSw3qVclJ45&frcectupt=true

I buy a lot from that guy...

cheers

Uwe

On 29/03/2019 at 20:36, anj4de said:

In my opinion the WE editions are not he best deal. If you do not like the decals you have to buy extra, masks are extra cost and PE is nice to have even though not required...apart from the seat belts. With the cost of 25EUR for the Profi Pack I think this is the better deal...

No argue about that, for an average price range between 25-30€, Eduard’s Profipack are indeed great value. The thing is, for the Wurger or the 109, I do have quite a substancial stash of decals and masks, plus some PE seatbelts set (I pass the remaining PE parts, since the basic plastic is very good) from Eduard also. So for an average 15€ their Weekend range is also quite nice, and obviously more affordable...and I think ther marketing target for this label are indeed modellers like myself, people with some stash backup, and as a second option complement for the initial Profipack box, since you have decals left for at least 3 to 4 planes more. Now you can also fit their Overtrees, but these are no longer my option, simply because you can only get them from Eduard online store, and the shipping costs became prohibitive some time ago, eroding the price discount completely.

Edited by Holzhamer
  • Like 1