Vietnam Patton

32 minutes ago, Yetifan said:

Looks great Dennis, love all the stowage and extra gear 🙂

Someday i intend to build a base for it. The idea is to be parked in a hull down defilade at a firebase, with a section of wire in front and a bunker off to one side. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

Hello all... Slowly i get there, painted the tracks over the last few days. I have now officially used every drop of black paint. This is only a portion of the tracks here. 

dPJcCaU.jpg

Id have to stand about 4 feet away to get the full length and then i would lose the color variance. Later in the week i will add them to the tank and then i can muddy them up. 

Dennis

• Like 4

Well i actually melted the little rivets to glue the tracks today, that was successful. Then i mounted the tracks. 

qwHt72y.jpg

aAk10KF.jpg

BxizdG5.jpg

44Cn2An.jpg

Sometime over the next couple of days i will go and muddy up the tracks. Then its just figures to paint. Questions, comments, jokes, or good stories ? 

Dennis

• Like 5

Hello everybody. Well i was finally able to get around to play with the mud. I couldn't quite get the exact shade i had before. Personally i think this helps the overall look. Looks like fresh mud over older mud. Here is my Patton as she sits. 

MfNMI6q.jpg

6kZhpAe.jpg

u57SoTu.jpg

bJymfbn.jpg

Now for the dreaded part ! Something i can no longer avoid. 😔 Its time for figure painting ... Im just hoping they look better than dead fleshed out stick figures ? Questions, comments, or funny stories ? 

Dennis

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Its official folks I'm calling this one done. Please check out the Gallery for a couple additional photo's.  

K2EZAIx.jpg

w9p4goO.jpg

Inrr8Wk.jpg

I will post a RFI in the armor section in a day or two. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 3

Well done on getting it finished and a great result too!! You have really captured the look of a Patton in Vietnam!! Very well done. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

Sorry Dennis I've had a crazy 6 weeks, and I've not been able to keep up at all,  you know how it goes, " you try to do it all but end up doing very little" but your patton looks superb, love that mouth and eyes now it's all finished, great looking tank, mine will be in the gallery before the gb ends

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Sorry Dennis I've had a crazy 6 weeks, and I've not been able to keep up at all,  you know how it goes, " you try to do it all but end up doing very little" but your patton looks superb,

Yes i know about "interrumpitur vita" or in english Life interrupted. Thank you for the compliments, i look forward to seeing your finished build. 

• Thanks 1