T26E4 Super Pershing Pilot #1 - HobbyBoss 1/35 - Finished and in the Gallery 13/05/19

Awsome finish stix, really impressive build, you make it seem so easy to finish a model to this standard, ūüĎćūüĎć

• 1 year later...

thats a great build @PlaStix. I had to look as I am trying to find something "simple" to add to the stash to break up the rest (all full interior or AM beasts)... think I have made my mind up to get one of these kits (not sure which of the variants yet)

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

thats a great build @PlaStix. I had to look as I am trying to find something "simple" to add to the stash to break up the rest (all full interior or AM beasts)... think I have made my mind up to get one of these kits (not sure which of the variants yet)

Thanks Rob. I can really recommend this kit. I really did thoroughly enjoy this build as it's a great kit. As you mention - there are other variants from Hobby Boss. I decided on this one because I felt it was the best from the reviews of them all I read and especially as it came with the track links rather than the rubber band versions.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Thanks Rob. I can really recommend this kit. I really did thoroughly enjoy this build as it's a great kit. As you mention - there are other variants from Hobby Boss. I decided on this one because I felt it was the best from the reviews of them all I read and especially as it came with the track links rather than the rubber band versions.

Kind regards,

Stix

late version comes with indi-link tracks..... think I may go for that one...

• Like 1

Hi @robw_uk. I must admit I thought the late version came with two sets of vinyl bands - two separate types/sizes. From the videos I thought there were only a few spare links of track on the sprues. That's great if it does come with a full set of links! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

5 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi @robw_uk. I must admit I thought it came with two sets of vinyl bands - two separate types/sizes. From the videos I thought there were only a few spare links of track on the sprues. That's great if it does come with a full set of links! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

yeah looks like you might be right... the HobbyBoss website shows "some" track being clipped together but the video review  I have just seen only shows rubber tracks.... will reconsider

11 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

yeah looks like you might be right... the HobbyBoss website shows "some" track being clipped together but the video review  I have just seen only shows rubber tracks.... will reconsider

can't get the Pilot #1 in the Uk... and don't mind rubber band tracks sometimes... I have had problems with HobbyBoss tracks tho... hmmmmm still like the non-indi kits tho

3 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

can't get the Pilot #1 in the Uk... and don't mind rubber band tracks sometimes... I have had problems with HobbyBoss tracks tho... hmmmmm still like the non-indi kits tho

found it.....

• Like 1

ordered :-D..... will be back for tips at some point

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/03/2021 at 19:29, robw_uk said:

ordered :-D..... will be back for tips at some point

Hi Rob. Hope you are well. I meant to check before - has your Pilot #1 arrived okay?

Kind regards,

Stix

On 4/13/2021 at 11:16 AM, PlaStix said:

Hi Rob. Hope you are well. I meant to check before - has your Pilot #1 arrived okay?

Kind regards,

Stix

it has yes... will put in the stash to be a simpler build during the Miniart T-54 full interior I will start soonis

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

it has yes

That's good news. Can't wait to follow your build.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1