T26E4 Super Pershing Pilot #1 - HobbyBoss 1/35 - Finished and in the Gallery 13/05/19

PlaStix

• 1 year later...

thats a great build @PlaStix. I had to look as I am trying to find something "simple" to add to the stash to break up the rest (all full interior or AM beasts)... think I have made my mind up to get one of these kits (not sure which of the variants yet)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

thats a great build @PlaStix. I had to look as I am trying to find something "simple" to add to the stash to break up the rest (all full interior or AM beasts)... think I have made my mind up to get one of these kits (not sure which of the variants yet)

Thanks Rob. I can really recommend this kit. I really did thoroughly enjoy this build as it's a great kit. As you mention - there are other variants from Hobby Boss. I decided on this one because I felt it was the best from the reviews of them all I read and especially as it came with the track links rather than the rubber band versions.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Thanks Rob. I can really recommend this kit. I really did thoroughly enjoy this build as it's a great kit. As you mention - there are other variants from Hobby Boss. I decided on this one because I felt it was the best from the reviews of them all I read and especially as it came with the track links rather than the rubber band versions.

Kind regards,

Stix

late version comes with indi-link tracks..... think I may go for that one...

• Like 1

Hi @robw_uk. I must admit I thought the late version came with two sets of vinyl bands - two separate types/sizes. From the videos I thought there were only a few spare links of track on the sprues. That's great if it does come with a full set of links! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

5 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi @robw_uk. I must admit I thought it came with two sets of vinyl bands - two separate types/sizes. From the videos I thought there were only a few spare links of track on the sprues. That's great if it does come with a full set of links! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

yeah looks like you might be right... the HobbyBoss website shows "some" track being clipped together but the video review  I have just seen only shows rubber tracks.... will reconsider

11 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

yeah looks like you might be right... the HobbyBoss website shows "some" track being clipped together but the video review  I have just seen only shows rubber tracks.... will reconsider

can't get the Pilot #1 in the Uk... and don't mind rubber band tracks sometimes... I have had problems with HobbyBoss tracks tho... hmmmmm still like the non-indi kits tho

3 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

can't get the Pilot #1 in the Uk... and don't mind rubber band tracks sometimes... I have had problems with HobbyBoss tracks tho... hmmmmm still like the non-indi kits tho

found it.....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/03/2021 at 19:29, robw_uk said:

ordered :-D..... will be back for tips at some point

Hi Rob. Hope you are well. I meant to check before - has your Pilot #1 arrived okay?

Kind regards,

Stix

On 4/13/2021 at 11:16 AM, PlaStix said:

Hi Rob. Hope you are well. I meant to check before - has your Pilot #1 arrived okay?

Kind regards,

Stix

it has yes... will put in the stash to be a simpler build during the Miniart T-54 full interior I will start soonis

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

back looking at this build.... am thinking a what-if where the add-on armour (mantlet/ears/front) fresh off a canibalised Panther still in German scheme (so could have various schemes from various tanks)... might make for something of an interesting finish with some US markings on as well.... still have a ways ot go on other kits before I start so will continue to ponder

• Like 1

On 22/09/2021 at 22:55, robw_uk said:

back looking at this build.... am thinking a what-if where the add-on armour (mantlet/ears/front) fresh off a canibalised Panther still in German scheme (so could have various schemes from various tanks)... might make for something of an interesting finish with some US markings on as well.... still have a ways ot go on other kits before I start so will continue to ponder

Hi Rob. Sounds like a very interesting idea. Pleased tag me whe you get around to starting your project.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1