Nose art

Stevejj

I found a photo of a p47 with "lady Godiva" on the cowling. Unfortunately it only shows the cowling so don't know if its a razor back or bubble canopy. Any ideas where I can go to get more info? I wondered if it could be a RAF machine? Any help would be appreciated

Lady Godiva was from Coventry so am I hense the interest

Thanks steve

Hmm, that's a tough one.... Any clue what the hole in the cowl is for just above the bomb tail fins? I've never seen that before, but then again I've never looked for it either. It does appear to have an early Curtis prop.

Hello

This page has a copy of the same image:

https://thepatriotperspective.wordpress.com/2013/05/08/hagel-declares-war-on-pinups/

The image is titled "p-47noseart1-p-47d-58th-fg-lady-godiva-nose-art.jpg"

A Google image search shows that some P-47s of 58th FG had the same light coloured cowling and checkered gills. Here's a similar 58th FG P-47, named "Passionate Patsy" (image posted on Twitter):

CSmEJ-VUkAAjhsT.jpg

Simon

Edited by Simon
added Twitter link
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That's all I was able to find, as well- razorback P-47 with the 58th FG. While we're on the subject, want to see something sad? Derelict P-47's, P-51's and P-38's at Panagarh, India at war's end. Anybody know anything else about this photo? Looks like the R-2800's were salvaged, as well as the machine guns.

Mike

https://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery/usa/aircrafts-2-3/p-47-thunderbolt/p-47-boneyard-panagarh-india/

Thanks to all who answered. What a helpfull bunch you are. I have a tamia razorback somewhere so s stripping of paint, and a print your own decal sheet may be in order!?

Thanks again 

Steve