1/48 II Sqn Hunter FR10

RMP2

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

there's probably a good chance eh maybe on one of the platforms out here. All 3 of the BIG ones (I'm on one) are quite close to one another.

That does look fun! One of these days I must take mine to one of these, it's a limited edition track version of one of our (no long in production) Holden Commodores, 6.2L V8 340kw (460hp) beasty. 

It is a good laugh, especially with a group of mates. Rather hard on the car though and getting the car in shape for it can be expensive.

• 1 month later...

Im still here! To partially quote Papillon.

Had rather a lot on at work along with woman trouble. Again. But work has chilled for a bit and lets just say I found out Im pretty good at laying patios...

So.  Here it is at the moment.

48001452403_5ba1d1a331_b.jpg

48001438927_9e5bc38bb5_b.jpg

48001439152_b2b4590376_b.jpg

48001439267_420ab9b2e1_b.jpg

48001496366_6287c32829_b.jpg

Intakes were tricky. I went with the idea of wings onto fuselage first and then fiddle the two halves together. Its mostly worked ok.

Seat was a bit new to me in resin, but itll do, Im bored of it now.

The resin back end got some hot water treatment and I think some plasticard will get it as good as it is going to get.

Resin cockpit is very tricky to align, so I decided to use the kit cockpit, completely forgetting that its too shallow for a proper seat. Had to prize open the fuselage front end and am now trying to fiddle the blummin thing in and get it somewhere sensible.

Any suggestions to get the seat looking better would be appreciated as would any other comments.

Edited by RMP2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

sounds like you've had a few battles....

The seat doesn't look too bad at all, maybe a quick going over with a dry brush will give it extra life.

Sometimes you can be lucky with resin bits and they fit perfectly, other times.... Try and do as much as you can with plastic card or strip before filler, that'll help stop shrinkage on the filler. As for resin cockpits, I don't think I've ever had one that fits.

All that aside it's slowly coming together, she's going to look great, the Hunter did have some lovely lines to her.