Heller EC-121 with a lot of help from the aftermarket 1/72

Plus Model do some upgrade parts, I do not know how good they are, the u/c bay replacements cost about $40.00, and new engine units cost about $20.00, then there are control surfaces, flaps and wheels plus metal u/c legs to take the weight.   So that's over £100 or $130 plus the kit, or there is the RVHP conversion but again I'm not sure what parts you get or how good it is?

• Thanks 1

I preferred the Plus Model engines to the Fisher ones, and their u/c bays come with wheels which I also preferred. I would also get their propellers. But as far as I know only Fisher made the nose and radome set. 

Good luck with it.  

• 2 weeks later...

A beautiful result. The extra work you put into it was well worth it. That is one mean looking Connie! Thank you for the excellent build report.

Edited by Hobo
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
31 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

I've seen one for sale very cheap but I don't think I have the cojones to take it on.

If I can build it, anyone can. The problem is getting the Fisher nose and radomes since it doesn't look like they have recovered from the fire.

Thanks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SAT69 said:

Certainly looks worth the extra expense

The cost of the aftermarket was well more than the kit price but as you say; worth it

Thanks