Interior colours for pre war Swordfish and Walrus?

Duncan B

I'm sure this is quite a simple question for RAF/RN types familiar with the period (that rules me out). I'm looking to make a couple of Tamiya Swordfish, one in the pre-war silver and another in the early war scheme and also a Walrus in pre-war or early war scheme and am wondering what the internal colours for these would be?

RAF types are not my normal subject so any pointers wold be appreciated, thanks.

Duncan B

Here you go Duncan @Duncan B, as posted by the late Swordfish Fairey. Swordfish is RNHF Mk.I W5856.

The pink colouring is due to the colour of shrinking dope, and it tendency to bleed through the Irish Linen.

MKIFishinterior_zps42078303.jpg&key=ffed

HTH?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

Which Grey Green though? After all, Supermarines had their own mix rather closer to Sky, as used on Spitfires. A fair shout that the Walrus might have been painted in this shade rather than the "standard" Interior green?

This is what I went for with my Stranraer, anyway...

44 minutes ago, Vulcanicity said:

Which Grey Green though? After all, Supermarines had their own mix rather closer to Sky, as used on Spitfires. A fair shout that the Walrus might have been painted in this shade rather than the "standard" Interior green?

This is what I went for with my Stranraer, anyway...

I have no idea! Usually I paint my kit interiors RLM02 or RLM66 😁

Duncan B

• Like 1