SH-3 Sea King Hasegawa 1:48

I am reluctant to say this, because you have done a fantastic job painting the Sea King.  I don't think USN SH-3s were ever painted blue.  I am 99% certain they were initially delivered in Engine Gray FS16081.  Nevertheless, you did a bang up job.  

42 minutes ago, Ad-4N said:

I am reluctant to say this, because you have done a fantastic job painting the Sea King.  I don't think USN SH-3s were ever painted blue.  I am 99% certain they were initially delivered in Engine Gray FS16081.  Nevertheless, you did a bang up job.  

One percent is sometimes a lot

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:SH-3A_Sea_King_of_HS-10_makes_water_landing_in_San_Diego_Bay_c1963.jpg

On 26/03/2019 at 07:31, Koralik64 said:

Uhh, I am sorry.  That is a black and white photo in your link.  If you want to interpret that paint scheme as dark blue, go for it.  You've done an amazing job on your model.  However, I am certain the Sea King in the black and white photo you liked is painted Engine Gray FS16081 like these below.   The first one is faded like hell.  

sh-3d.jpg

3_25.png

carpenter_hoist

sh-3_pax_museum.jpg

Airliners.net image removed

In the supplier's database (PPG  Desoto Aerospace) for SH-3 there are several colors that were used in the factory process.
  Including colors 15044 and 15052
Unfortunately, I can assign a factory color to a specific aircraft only from 87 year to today. The helicopter that I made was made earlier so I can not assign it to a specific color, if the one I used is wrong, I'm sorry but it's late to change color.

But thank you for your attention

I used 15052 in the picture below it is better seen than on the photos in studio lighting

sFO5xK0.jpg?1

Edited by Koralik64

15 minutes ago, Koralik64 said:

In the supplier's database (PPG  Desoto Aerospace) for SH-3 there are several colors that were used in the factory process.
  Including colors 15044 and 15052
Unfortunately, I can assign a factory color to a specific aircraft only from 87 year to today. The helicopter that I made was made earlier so I can not assign it to a specific color, if the one I used is wrong, I'm sorry but it's late to change color.

Absolutely not, no reason to do anything.  You did a great job.  I wouldn't change a thing at this point.  Excellent weathering.  And you are correct, some Sea Kings were painted dark blue, like in Spain and the UK Westland Sea King HAS.1 (British licence-built version).   I just wanted to pointed out US Navy Sea Kings were delivered in Engine Gray.   You should be proud.  I have often wanted to replicate that scheme.  

Edited by Ad-4N
spelling

3 minutes ago, Ad-4N said:

Absolutely not, no reason to do anything.  You did a great job.  I wouldn't change a thing at this point.  Excellent weathering.  And you are correct, some Sea Kings were painted dark blue, like in Spain and the UK Westland Sea King HAS.1 (British licence-built version).   I just wanted to pointed out US Navy Sea Kings were delivered in Engine Gray.   You should be proud.  I have often wanted to replicate that scheme.  

I have plan to build a Belgian version and my favorite Canadian one.
Maybe so I will do this one more time with Engine Gray color.😀

8 minutes ago, Koralik64 said:

I have plan to build a Belgian version and my favorite Canadian one.
Maybe so I will do this one more time with Engine Gray color.😀

Belgian Sea Kings in sand/dark green/orange would be an awesome choice.   I look forward to seeing it.