As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Elias

CMK Spitfire MkI Engine 1/48-Tamiya

Hello,

Does anybody knows if the CMK engine set for Tamiya's Spitfire MkI in 1/48 can be used for the new tool Spitfire?

38 minutes ago, Elias said:

Hello,

Does anybody knows if the CMK engine set for Tamiya's Spitfire MkI in 1/48 can be used for the new tool Spitfire?

BY this, you mean a CMK set designed for the old tool Tamiya Mk.I fitting the new tool Tamiya Mk.I? 

I'd suggest listing the part number for the set,  as that would explain better, ideally with a picture.  

But, as a direct fit?  I'd think not, simply as the old tool Tamiya Mk.I is too wide, and resin sets tend to be made to fit a certain kit.   

It maybe adaptable, but unless you really need it NOW, I'm sure a set will be done in time for the new tool kit anyway.

10 hours ago, Elias said:

017479.jpg

I don't have the new tool Tamiya Mk.I, I do have the old tool, and spent some time comparing that, and correcting it dimensionally. 

As it's too wide in the fuselage, the resin firewall will be too wide if it is made to fit the existing kit, if the new tool kit is now correct....

see here for more on the old tool Tamiya

Or another option would be to scratch your own firewall and modify the rest to suit, assuming that accuracy is not a major concern!