Junkers Ju 88C-6 Nightfighter 1:48 2nd update

BerndM

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:15 AM, trickyrich said:

gee that 88A look really nice, feel free to go off subject a little bit.....I seem to do it all the time! :whistle:

Thank you. I will be more straight on course for the next posts .

:innocent:

( hope so )

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:26 AM, Mottlemaster said:

Love your Revell Ju 88A-1 .    I need more space before i can concider building  one  .

Thank you :)

Even the Ju 88A-1 with the shorter span is a real monster and finding space for it will be difficult.

Beyond rationality i have another 88, the A-4 boxing, the He 219 and three F-4 Phantoms to build and store in 1:32 scale.

The guys buying the HK giants must all live in huge houses.

22 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Well I looked into the C-2 a bit more. Looks like it will be more work than I expected. I will need to modify the wings as the C-2 is based on the A-1 airframe  like your one shown here.

I might have a way around it as I have some resin parts from an earlier resin conversion I might be able to modify. 

Greg, AIMS has a set for the A-1 out based on the Dragon kit.

http://www.aimsmodels.co.uk/Resin/1-48-Resin/1-48-resin/1-48-resin_2.html

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the link. I already have part of the set on the way. John is doing me a special set with just the engine fronts. I can see I will have to bring this build forward. Might even be a partner build to the Ju 188. I will see how I feel about it when it arrives. I have a whole Easter of modelling ahead, so I should make some progress with my current projects.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:37 PM, Silenoz said:

That camo with all the lines... seems doable, but it will be a pain... (https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=11224&p=albums&album=41833&view=list)

Nice subject by the way, and interested.. Hope to get to build one of these too, but not in this GB...

The camo scheme looks fantastic. 

I would go most probably the masking way which will be producing even finer stripes. 

Thanks for sharing.

For fine line, remove the cap from the AB that protects the needle. At low pressure you can come as near as a few mm from the model. Then build up the lines. That way you also avoid the air turning around when that cap is closed.

• Like 1

Hi guys not much modelling from me the last couple of days. I had problems to get on Britmodeller and also learned that our computer was hacked.

May there is a connection if you come alonh strange postings from me please let me know.

More modelling stuff soon :)

That's two of us with a hacked or scammed problem. This computer world with getting more dangerous by the day. 

By the way my Special Hobby Ju 88C-4 has turned up. It is better than I expected as there decals for three different planes.

One of them would have fitted the idea I had as it is. Pity SH didn't show all the schemes on their website. Now I have

to decide whether to go for the one in the box or the earlier Aims one. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 1:47 AM, Greg Law said:

That's two of us with a hacked or scammed problem. This computer world with getting more dangerous by the day. 

By the way my Special Hobby Ju 88C-4 has turned up. It is better than I expected as there decals for three different planes.

One of them would have fitted the idea I had as it is. Pity SH didn't show all the schemes on their website. Now I have

to decide whether to go for the one in the box or the earlier Aims one. 

This hacking problem is really ugly and i am not sure if its over by now. I got also a blackmail from that subject and he stated that he has access to all my accounts and i should pay him 2000€ !

The news about your SH Ju are way better and i am looking forward to your build.

BTW i have just fallen in love with ICMs He 111H-20 kit in 1:48.

yeah that sounds like a "fishing" email. I had quite a few of those at the end of last year and beginning of this year. They even had some passwords I'd used with an old account.

The basic scheme is that unless I paid them X amount of money in Bitcoins they'd email everyone in my address book details of my supposed browsing history and a video of me watching said websites. Though I didn't think looking at resin model websites was that naughty......plus so what if i'm nude at the same time! :blush:

It's now such a common scam among all the others, best to just delete straightaway, and if you're concerned reset your password. Plus as the old saying goes, if you don't know'm then don't open it or click on any links in the message. Legit site don't send links for personal detail updating or the like.

Amazingly I just didn't know how many deceased wealthy relatives I had in Africa! Plus all these lotteries I keep winning in the UK and Europe, I better not mention all the Txt's I get from the other lotteries else it'll seem as if I'm bragging. But at this rate I'll never have to work again. I just need to send all these solicitors and lottery agencies my account details, I keep forgetting to do that, I hope they'll wait. I'll do it as soon as I send some money to this lovely young girl I've met online in Nigeria so she can come and visit me!!

• Haha 3

Mine was different to yours as I allowed access to my computers because I thought I was dealing with a real technician that I had arranged through my virus protection companies website. I changed everything and had my computers cleaned. I even changed my virus program. Don't react back to this guy. Just have you computer checked for tracking software and change your passwords when it has been cleaned. If you are worried about your credit cards get new ones. I did.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:13 PM, Greg Law said:

Mine was different to yours as I allowed access to my computers because I thought I was dealing with a real technician that I had arranged through my virus protection companies website. I changed everything and had my computers cleaned. I even changed my virus program. Don't react back to this guy. Just have you computer checked for tracking software and change your passwords when it has been cleaned. If you are worried about your credit cards get new ones. I did.

Gosh ! Hope everything is well Right now. We have spend a lot of time in the last couple of days to change Passwords and i hope it is over.

Tomorrow is free and i hope to get back on my Ju 88.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:52 PM, Mottlemaster said:

looking forward to some more Ju88 action :popcorn:

:tumble:

Got some more done on the Ju. parts of the Cockpit have paint on, the propellers are together as well parts of the undercarriage.

Photos soon.

• Like 4

On 5/7/2019 at 7:18 AM, BerndM said:

:tumble:

Got some more done on the Ju. parts of the Cockpit have paint on, the propellers are together as well parts of the undercarriage.

Photos soon.

👍 progress is progress 😁

keep it going Bernd

cheers Greg 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GREG DESTEC said:

👍 progress is progress 😁

keep it going Bernd

cheers Greg 

Hi Greg, you are right maybe i should post it as progress 2,5. B)

I am masking the canopy currently and hope to spray paint on it and the cockpit quite soon.

Have a great start into the weekend mate it is Right at the doorstep.

btw: i have a new airbrush:elephant:

Cheers

Bernd

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Any further progress. I was rather keen to see this one go ahead. 

I finally heard from Dragon tonight, so I'm hoping I might still get the missing Sprue

and be able to keep my C-6 kit whole. All the parts have arrived for the C-2 as well. 

All I need is time. 

Hi Bernd. Hope you are well. Just checking to see if there has been any more progress with this project?

Kind regards,

Stix