1/48 Eduard's Tempest Series 2

A tribute to Belgian pilots, often forgotten. This is the mount of Remi Van Lierde. One of the top V1 killer.

Series 2 mold has corrected almost all the defaults of the first batch of the series 1 and is very agreeable to build.

Hope you'll like her

Cheers

Pierre

32498265857_c63d571092_b.jpg

33564081538_26b4d6287f_b.jpg

47440103741_d1af2de9d9_b.jpg

33564081448_225fe507af_b.jpg

Edited by pierre Giustiniani
  • Like 59

Lovely build Pierre - some nice weathering and detailing. If I was to be extra critical, you have simplified the application of the codes, particularly on the starboard side around the JF but otherwise spot on.

It looks like the spinner cut outs have been altered, what other improvements have been made?

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 1

Thank you  Gents ;) This kit is very good.

in the series 2 i have the impression that the quality of moulding is better (sightly irregular trailing edge in S1), no more gap when glueing leading edge. I had really no bad issue with this kit, very agreable to build, zero putty used except for the lower flap joint). Another advantage compared to series 1: the spinner has been corrected, no bump to add to wing root and many camos differents.

a delicate point: positive rivets ( i don’t know if it’s a really good idea). Please Mr Eduard provides us stressed surfaces on wing or fuselage instead ;)

cheers

pierre

Edited by pierre Giustiniani

On 3/22/2019 at 12:59 PM, Baldy said:

Lovely build Pierre - some nice weathering and detailing. If I was to be extra critical, you have simplified the application of the codes, particularly on the starboard side around the JF but otherwise spot on.

It looks like the spinner cut outs have been altered, what other improvements have been made?

Cheers

Malcolm

Hi Baldy

Corrected now on both sides ;)

Cheers

Pierre

46537914865_a348a91d6c_b.jpg

• Like 3

I have the series 1 kit and looking at the parts, I think a series 2 maybe possible?

fantastic Tempest. Also looking through the new Valiant Publishing Tempest book, it appears that the strengthening fuselage plates weren’t that common? 

• Like 1

On 24/03/2019 at 02:34, Threadbear said:

I have the series 1 kit and looking at the parts, I think a series 2 maybe possible?

fantastic Tempest. Also looking through the new Valiant Publishing Tempest book, it appears that the strengthening fuselage plates weren’t that common? 

I understood that as well but that could have been for later on in production?

I've got the Series 1 as well but have the corrected Vector Kit for the flaps, propeller, and exhaust.  The decals were what I liked upon the first release.

Hi Pierre,

Really nice done. Especially the wathering look good. The original must had been a beast!   Grrrrrrr.......!!!

Cheers 

Andy

P.S.:    No critism, but look at your wheels...... I had some photos of mine with the same thing.  Photos never forgive anything.:nerdy:

Edited by Andy Dyck