1/32 - Gotha G.1 & Gotha UWD by Wingnut Wings - released

Homebee

When you're wealthy and own a model company, you can produce whatever you want! Mr. Jackson must really love the G.1; I do too, so I will probably pick one up. He's definitely pouring resources into larger aircraft, so maybe we will eventually see a Kangaroo, Vimy, Friedrichshafen, Staaken, Letord, Caudron R, and an Ilya Muromets! However, I do agree that there are many more common types that need to be done. I have to admit that I was completely shocked when I saw this. The only other kit of a G.1 - that I know of - was made by Choroszy Modelbud in 1/72. I sincerely hope that someone will produce a 1/32 and 1/48 Breguet 14 and Breguet 19 soon. There are so many beautiful schemes for these aircraft. A Lohner flying boat would be nice too.

The Choroszy kit is very nice:

https://www.super-hobby.com/zdjecia/0/1/4/19086_3-c15b.jpg

https://www.super-hobby.com/products/Gotha-G-I.html

Edited by Hobo
  • Like 2

I wonder if he is going to produce a 1:1 version too, he has quite a few others in his collection I think! It would be something interesting in real life!

Otherwise, a very interesting choice, and bold.

Ray

• Like 1

Still not as hideous as Short seamew. I don't believe the Seamew can be topped ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Basuroy said:

Still not as hideous as Short seamew. I don't believe the Seamew can be topped ...

yee gads thats ugly! for the modern era the X-32 struggles to be beat.

As for the Gotha I can see me doing a UWD for some strange reason.

Julien