My Finnish “Mersu !”

You're doing fine, Dennis! A Bf 109 pre-cut canopy mask is a waste of money, anyone who can apply one, can cut one her/himself. An Erla is maybe a bit trickier than the early version, but you have it nicely done 👍. V-P

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2019 at 12:00 PM, vppelt68 said:

Light Gull Grey FS16440 equivalent by Your Preferred paint

Hello everybody... So going on this recommendation i sprayed the Mersu Gull grey today. At first i wasn't convinced about the color. However now that its had time to sit and dry, it wasn't that bad looking. I intend to let it off-gas as it is enamel. In a day or two i will mask it and spray the green. The white war game markings i imagine they were only temporary, so they will be added over the camouflage. 

aasEy5z.jpg

Yes i know this calls for RLM65 or possibly RLM76. However i agree with V-P that by 1950 the paints most likely would have run out. Here she is with the grey. 

xLx1vIV.jpg

SI7CVYk.jpg

BrsFDiJ.jpg

QYOecSH.jpg

hFhUOBS.jpg

8gRmS6r.jpg

Questions, comments, or jokes if you have some good ones ? 

Dennis

• Like 5

So i will be able to catch up to this on Monday maybe Tuesday. Bit of life getting in the way, what with a string of Dr.s Appt’s. this week. I will be spraying a lot of green whichever day i can get to them. I have both this and my M48 Patton getting painted on the same day(different greens of course). 

• Haha 1

Hello all... I was finally able to get some painting done on the Mersu. The color callout on this 4-way calls fo FS-34096. 

aasEy5z.jpg

A color i actually have in my stable of paints. I think it looks ok but maybe a touch dark ? Of course that could just be the lighting in the room.

Ii6Kbhe.jpg

mKvQexB.jpg

i27QVGw.jpg

ikJLodC.jpg

lmHWECG.jpg

Let me know what you think ? Questions, comments, or jokes ? 

Dennis

• Like 5

Hello everyone... I was able to paint on the white war game identification stripes tonight. So once those are cleaned & touched up. I will be able to apply decals & weathering. I think I'm quite happy the way this is progressing. ONbg9hN.jpg

e4xe36o.jpg

6zIc0NH.jpg

Fgc2haC.jpg

Here you see my minor screw up on this build. I forgot to mount the drop tank rack on the bottom.

qloOBYe.jpg

So i will need to touch up the paint on this. But if thats all i mess up, then again im very happy. I will need to run another coat of paint in the wheel wells as well. Questions, comments, or jokes. 

Dennis

• Like 4

Hello everyone... I finished the touchups, and did the decals. Everything went well with only one exception. The serial # decal on the starboard side ripped so its a little messed up. Photo’s appear darker because i didn't have good lighting.

agX99oX.jpg

MiLUq48.jpg

M3rqZuR.jpg

P2y1vNC.jpg

Questions, comments, thoughts, or jokes ? 

Dennis

• Like 2

On 3/26/2019 at 6:35 AM, vppelt68 said:

Dennis, do tell me when you do a quick one, if this is your slow one, I really don't want to miss that :thumbsup:. Excellent progress! V-P

Agreed 100%

Hello cousin !

So you turned to 109 !! Great job !!

I will turn to early 109 s soon as I finish one or the 2 Fw 190....

Then my Uhu is butonned up... She call on me each time that I open the cabinet :whistle:

Sincerey.

CC

12 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Then my Uhu is butonned up... She call on me each time that I open the cabinet :whistle:

Sincerey.

Hello cousin ... Have you seen my UHU ? I have link if you're interested ? Thank you for all of the likes on the 109. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1