new Gotha G1 from wingnuts

europapete

Hi Ian, doing good, heading up to NH tomorrow to service my sons car, had a dusting of snow this morning and it's supposed to be near 60 tomorrow! lol, you know how that goes. Busy installing a baseboard heating zone in the basement today. How's life in the tropics?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Beardie said:

The way the kit releases are going you might well see an actual 547 kit before we see a 504.

I see it all now Marty, you're really an optimist at heart & all the grumpiness is just a ruse.

• Haha 2

On 3/24/2019 at 4:24 AM, europapete said:

How's life in the tropics?

Pretty good, apart from breathing sand when it gets windy! Starting to get warmer again so it won't be long before we can't sit outside in the evenings and have to stay in the ac. More modeling time though!

Ian

I've posted up more information with regards to pre-orders for these kits and a general statement with regards to pre-orders in the future in the BlackMike Models Vendor's section. Hopefully you might find it interesting?

Duncan B

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My first batch have arrived in the UK and are currently sitting in a dusty corner of HMRC's warehouse waiting for the Excisemen to get bored of them and send them out to me.

Duncan B

• 2 weeks later...

They finally arrived today, 3rd of July. Really frustrating that it only takes 2 days for them to travel from New Zealand but takes 17 days to get through Customs!

Duncan B

Gotha UWD has just arrived,thanks Duncan.All I need now are some scale figures of Dick Dastardly and Muttley to finish the image of a wacky races contender!

Dave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Alfisti said:

Gotha UWD has just arrived,thanks Duncan.All I need now are some scale figures of Dick Dastardly and Muttley to finish the image of a wacky races contender!

Dave.

I really wasn't too keen on it in the first pictures I saw but I have to say that the box art in 'the flesh' is excellent and the kit looks really interesting with those floats on 'stilts'. I look forward to seeing what you do with in due course.

Duncan B

On 7/6/2019 at 8:30 AM, Alfisti said:

Dave.

Thanks Duncan, mine arrived safely today too. (big 'innit!)  Great service from you as usual,  pity about the hold up in customs tho'.. Never mind, its here now...Roll on the Lanc...

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2019 at 12:06 PM, keithjs said:

Thanks Duncan, mine arrived safely today too. (big 'innit!)  Great service from you as usual,  pity about the hold up in customs tho'.. Never mind, its here now...Roll on the Lanc...

Despite the hold up they still made it so I'm pleased enough. Here's hoping the £ hasn't completely collapsed before the Lanc appears.

Duncan B

6 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Despite the hold up they still made it in country before another well know supplier so I'm pleased enough. Here's hoping the £ hasn't completely collapsed before the Lanc appears.

Duncan B

Yes indeed, that's one up to you...

Strictly hypothetical, would it be feasible to set up some kind of regular prepayment scheme for those wishing to purchase a Lanc. I don't know, say, £50 a month towards it? Just thinking out loud?

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:20 AM, redcap said:

Personally, I would have loved an Avro 504 or a Sopwith 1 1/2 strutter or (I have all but given up on hope on these two ) a Dr1 or SPAD XIII.

It astounds me to see the diversity of stuff they are producing and yes, I agree, Gary. I'm still waiting on a Sopwith Cuckoo - although in hindsight, that's exactly the obscure type they might be likely to produce. Fingers' crossed.

1 hour ago, nuuumannn said:

It astounds me to see the diversity of stuff they are producing and yes, I agree, Gary. I'm still waiting on a Sopwith Cuckoo - although in hindsight, that's exactly the obscure type they might be likely to produce. Fingers' crossed.

A Martynside Elephant & Armstrong Whitworth F.K.8 would be welcome as well

On 7/11/2019 at 3:06 PM, keithjs said:

Yes indeed, that's one up to you...

Strictly hypothetical, would it be feasible to set up some kind of regular prepayment scheme for those wishing to purchase a Lanc. I don't know, say, £50 a month towards it? Just thinking out loud?

You're actually not the first to have asked that question Keith. I feel pressured enough sitting on customer pre-orders that I know I have ordered from Wingnuts without sitting on customer's cash for kits that haven't been actually released never mind ordered. My only feeling once pre-orders have been dispatched from here is relief! I guess I feel a great deal of responsibility for my customers hard earned cash sitting with me and that is what creates the sense of pressure so I wouldn't want to add to that as I'm supposed to be having fun doing this. My advice is get a cookie jar and put a label on it, "Keith's Lanc" and put something away in that every month (just don't send me the cookie jar when you place your order :) ).

Duncan B

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 8:30 AM, Alfisti said:

Dave.

Exactly my thoughts!!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Duncan B said:

You're actually not the first to have asked that question Keith. I feel pressured enough sitting on customer pre-orders that I know I have ordered from Wingnuts without sitting on customer's cash for kits that haven't been actually released never mind ordered. My only feeling once pre-orders have been dispatched from here is relief! I guess I feel a great deal of responsibility for my customers hard earned cash sitting with me and that is what creates the sense of pressure so I wouldn't want to add to that as I'm supposed to be having fun doing this. My advice is get a cookie jar and put a label on it, "Keith's Lanc" and put something away in that every month (just don't send me the cookie jar when you place your order :) ).

Duncan B

OK, Duncan thanks for your honesty. Not even if I put some chocolate Hob Nobs in it?..... I'd thought of doing that anyway but having it so close is tempting to dip in it occasionally. If I were to put £50 a month and working on  recent experiences with their release dates I'd probably have enough to get the normal one and the Dambuster one too...........

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Wingnut Wings kindly sent us a review sample of both the G.1 and the UWD.  They are jaw-dropping.

I've been hurrying home from work all week and burning the midnight oil to get the reviews out!

The G.1 is here

I'll get the UWD done as soon a I can.  Surprisingly only two of the sprues are common between the kits (rear fuselage, tailplanes, & wings), the rest are unique to each version.  Apart from wheels/floats, the forward fuselage 'pods' and engines are also different.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 7:59 PM, Viking said:

Wow, Wingnut Wings kindly sent us a review sample of both the G.1 and the UWD.  They are jaw-dropping.

I've been hurrying home from work all week and burning the midnight oil to get the reviews out!

The G.1 is here

I'll get the UWD done as soon a I can.  Surprisingly only two of the sprues are common between the kits (rear fuselage, tailplanes, & wings), the rest are unique to each version.  Apart from wheels/floats, the forward fuselage 'pods' and engines are also different.

Cheers

John

The Gothas are great looking kits 'in the flesh' aren't they. I wasn't sure about them until I saw the plastic then I was hooked. Thanks for putting in the time to do your reviews, I have shamelessly shared to the BlackMike Models Facebook page so I hope you don't mind?

Duncan B

2 hours ago, Duncan B said:

They are great looking kits 'in the flesh' aren't they. I wasn't sure about them until I saw the plastic then I was hooked. Thanks for putting in the time to do your reviews, I have shamelessly shared to the BlackMike Models Facebook page so I hope you don't mind?

Duncan B

Hi Duncan,  They do look superb don't they, Wingnuts always seem to nudge the bar just a little bit higher each time. Feel free to link to ypur FB page, I'm pleased that you would want to!

I've been torn between doing the reviews and building the 'Lanoe Hawker DH.2' I bought from you in April. The resin figure is incredibly well done, and now complete. I've got the top wing on the DH.2 itself and am into a spaghetti maze of rigging before I can put the tail booms on. Just about the only thing that can tear me away from a Wingnuts build is a review of a new Wingnut!

dh2.jpg

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1