Takom Type 59

And here is the next T-5x. Actually a Chinese Type 59 in a Pakistan paint scheme, really liked the contrast of dark green and yellow sand. This is now placed on a base, from afar the sand of tanks and base blend together nicely. Can really imagine the tank hidden within the schrubbery.

This was part of the Takom build thread as well. Build the tank in early 2018

The base is the same kind of material as for the T-55. But this time with garden soil stones and cat litter. Sprayed black and then with various sand colour, pigments, filters, highlights on the various stones with browns, greys, yellows followed by highlights and then the various grass thingies painted in different yellowish greens for some variety.

Hope you like it.

m3d6p6se.jpg

ajuwttk7.jpg

rvbij9t5.jpg

kwumdxhs.jpg

yhesg4gc.jpg

• Like 17

1 minute ago, DAG058 said:

Another cracker! What's next? 

That is a good question. I have so many started kits that I cant decide and it was a real milestone to finish these two with bases. The Chieftain and Patton are also in the slot for some base treatment. But also my Dragon Panther G, plus an old Jagdpanther base to complete with some figures, or do the Tigers, and other Panthers. 🤔

Hey Hairtrigger.  Thank you for your kind comment. I was really hesitant at first to even start doing bases. Although, when looking at all the examples online, it helps presenting the model a lot.  And yes, it is simple and cheap like this. And it really evolves during the process. Again it is layering and different products combinations that are great fun to see align.  In the end you can go as far and add as much as you like. I really enjoyed that.

Hi Soeren,

For what you comment, I see that you are also a "fan" of the cat litter ... lol, I have also used for the base (my first) of my Stug (among others), the same product (I see that it was not so crazy to try it), and I have followed / done almost the same as you to make the base, hence they have a certain resemblance, IMHO. In short, a magnificent set, the vehicle is top notch for my taste, and the base goes "like a glove" ...:goodjob:

Cheers Soeren 👍

• Thanks 1

Cheers Sacho, Cheers Francis.

Cat litter, indeed I bought a box just for modelling. Although I have a cat, she prefers to leave the house for her relieve. So I guess the product is perfect to scale and blends nicely with sand and dust. It should also be really easy to paint in almost any color and can also be wet shaped.

On 22/03/2019 at 14:52, PlaStix said:

That really is very impressive and the base sets it off beautifully! :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix. Similar materials different approach. Bases seem to make it look much more complete indeed. :)

On 22/03/2019 at 17:31, ivan-o said:

Another excellent job! 👌

Thank you Ivan.

On 22/03/2019 at 18:44, Gettig Old said:

excellent work Sir 👍very nice indeed 

Hey Getting Old, thanks for the kind words.

On 23/03/2019 at 09:00, Kris B said:

Beautiful, well done. 

Cheers Kris.

• Like 1