1/72 Fairey Swordfish Mk.I, Airfix+Eduard+Miniworld

Dear Fuad,

Will you please, just once, turn out something that is not perfect?

Why? 

Just so my efforts will not look so poor along side your master-works.

Your humble admirer,

FatFlyHalf

• Haha 2

I love it! I am working on the Tamiya version currently an like your rigging a lot more than my own.  Also love the weathering you have done.  I don't know why but I think float planes look much better dirtied up and yours look appropriately used.  Very Nice job!

On 3/23/2019 at 4:55 PM, Winenut said:

Did you work with an old or new Airfix version? Are the floats aftermarket?

It was a "new" version, but, unfortunately, the plastic sprues of the body of this aircraft are in disgusting form. They are clearly worn out and in need of repair. Relatively in good shape - sprues of floats. I used a standard set of photo-etched parts from "Eduard".

On 3/24/2019 at 2:06 AM, FatFlyHalf said:

Dear Fuad,

Will you please, just once, turn out something that is not perfect?

Why? 

Just so my efforts will not look so poor along side your master-works.

Your humble admirer,

FatFlyHalf

I would second that!

That is just stunning Fuad. Your models are an inspiration to me and, from the comments above, a whole heap of modellers around the world. Your attention to detail and the wonderful finish you get are just brilliant - thanks for sharing them and I have noted the source of the great rigging material you use.

One tiny( and it is really tiny!) issue that i have is that such a weathered airframe would probably have slightly worn markings as well. Yours do look a little bright to my eyes. I'm sure you are happy with the results and that is what counts. My issue is not intended to denigrate your exceptional work.

YOWZAH! Well, there's another kit box that goes back on the shelf,,, I can't imagine even getting close to what you have done with this one, Fuad!  What ArmoredSprue said- have you EVER had  an off day?

Mike