BOAC 747-436 - British Airways Retro Centenary Livery 1/200

Following in the shadow of the arrival of BA's last Retro Livery into Heathrow this lunchtime today (747-436 Negus and Negus in 1/1 scale!) here is Hasegawa's 1/200 kit wearing 26Decal's BOAC 100 Year Centenary livery LaserJet printed decal set.

I have replaced the kit's GE CFM's with a set of Contrails RB211 Turbofan Rollers in resin - they were OK but no match for the quality that Braz provides in 1/144 of the same.

A great fun and up-to-date Civil topic to build, Thanks for looking in.

DSCF8637 (4)

DSCF8631 (2)

DSCF8636 (2)

DSCF8631

DSCF8619 (2)

DSCF8616

DSCF8613 (2)

DSCF8622 (2)

DSCF8625 (2)

DSCF8634

DSCF8637 (2)

DSCF8623 (2)

DSCF8614

KEEP CALM and BOW-AC ON !

cheers - John

• Like 42

3 hours ago, Turbofan said:

That's just superb John, I love it! Any chance of a Negus 744 from your workbench?

Cheers,

Ian

cheers Ian - appreciated. I must admit, this was my fave 747 1/200 build so far and so very British and up to date. A Negus 747 in 1/200 will follow on soon but AA has just delivered their 1/144 big resin monster for me to play at building next.

10 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Absolutely gorgeous John!

Thanks again for your help with the wi-fi antenna!

Keith

no worries Keith - glad you like it> depending on how I get on in early April casting my own resin sat domes, if they turn out OK I will post you off a handfull

2 hours ago, cngaero said:

I've just drooled all over my shirt. 

That is absolutely stunning. 

thanks - glad you like her

Very nice...  What's that Orangey decal on the fuse fairing / very inboard wing leading edge ? Is it the Stairs limit so the handlers don't hit  ?

Great job ,thanks for showing the Speedbird off !

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:40 PM, bzn20 said:

Very nice...  What's that Orangey decal on the fuse fairing / very inboard wing leading edge ? Is it the Stairs limit so the handlers don't hit  ?

Great job ,thanks for showing the Speedbird off !

Hi Brize,

I guess it is a stairs limit line as you say - it is a standard decal on all the detail packs for 7-4's but having studied a photo of the real lump of Aluminium, it looks like BA's paint shop did not include it on this retro livery

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:57 PM, Challenger350Pilot said:

Just LOVE the retros, John! And this one looks absolutely beautiful! Very nice indeed! :clap:

cheers a lot there

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is a stunner.You have been pretty fast with a model replica of this great livery.

When I first saw pictures of the real one,I had already set my plans for doing one of my Revell -400 in that scheme.

The 747-400 really looks stunning in the BOAC livery and you have done it justice.

50 years 747 and 100 years BA... agreat combination.

18 hours ago, Alex1978 said:

This is a stunner.You have been pretty fast with a model replica of this great livery.

When I first saw pictures of the real one,I had already set my plans for doing one of my Revell -400 in that scheme.

The 747-400 really looks stunning in the BOAC livery and you have done it justice.

50 years 747 and 100 years BA... agreat combination.

Thanks Alex - I know you to be a serious civil builder so your words are gratefully received