Airfix vertol Swedish Navy.

Hi folk's built for the Vertol GB here on BM,Airfix's ancient kit which has to be over forty year's old now.Picked it up init's eighties boxing after it's

conversion to a snap fit kit where they ruined an already awful cockpit so this kit is for nostalgia lover's only Fujimi do a much superior kit in 1/72.

Thank's for looking.

First the glazing you have to work with if you need to build one!

20190307_095316

20190321_111714

20190321_111722

20190321_111729

20190321_111750

20190321_111803

20190321_111813

20190321_111822

20190321_111833

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 59

A beautiful colour scheme on this trip down memory lane! It might not stand close inspection but it is certainly striking and well done.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 1

Just because a kit is old, doesn't mean it can't be turned into a gem like Steve's CH-46.  I like to pick my subjects, and sometimes that means taking an old kit (cause its the only version, or one available) and bringing it up into something special.  I had to take a 34 year old Revell CH-53D, warped, sink marks, parts not fitting, huge gaps etc. and try to bring it up to contest standards.  It turned out to be incredibly frustrating but also incredibly fun.  So keep building those old kits!  Beautiful job Steve!

IMG_0663

• Like 5

I love it, Dteve. The KV107 was one of my earliest builds back in the 1960s. I've always cherished the memories of it and you've brought them flooding back :).

Martin

• Like 1

A truly magical transformation of the old Airfix kit into a superb Swedish Helikopter 4 (Hkp 4)!

I had the privilege of being hoisted up in one from a fishing boat once upon a time, off the coast of Ronneby in Blekinge –part of a film shoot, not an emergency. 😉 An exhilarating experience!

Hreat modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 2

Great looking model, didn't expect that at the beginning ,not a slur on your work btw. Paint job is brilliant .

Well done . Good enough to get this going for silly money on ebay .

• Like 1