Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So my dad bought the Tamiya 1:72 MiG-29 a while back and I am building it for him soon, I have a question about the cockpit though, is the MiG-29 cockpit turquoise like earlier Soviet/Russian jets or is it grey like newer cockpits.

I am asking because I checked on the internet and I came up with mixed results, some not even the 

MiG-29.

Thanks in advance

Edited by KingTiger435
added cold war tag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As this seems to be your first post, let me first say welcome to the forum !

Most pictures of MiG-29 cockpits show a medium grey with a hint of blue.

Mr. Paint offers this shade in their catalogue as MRP-049. Personally I use Lifecolor's FS 36375, it's not the right colour but IMHO works well enough in 1/72 as a basis onto which apply washes and highlights.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

As this seems to be your first post, let me first say welcome to the forum !

Most pictures of MiG-29 cockpits show a medium grey with a hint of blue.

Mr. Paint offers this shade in their catalogue as MRP-049. Personally I use Lifecolor's FS 36375, it's not the right colour but IMHO works well enough in 1/72 as a basis onto which apply washes and highlights.

 

Thank you! I don't have those paints right now, if that is the case with the colours I might use Revell's Grau or Blaugrau as those are grey with some blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FS 35237 Gray Blue is a good starting point for most MiG-29 pits.

 

I have a few references that mention that a small number of very early 9-12's had the turquoise pit, but have not seen any pictures. 

 

Cheers,

 

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hook said:

FS 35237 Gray Blue is a good starting point for most MiG-29 pits.

 

I have a few references that mention that a small number of very early 9-12's had the turquoise pit, but have not seen any pictures. 

 

Cheers,

 

Andre

Thanks for the response! Would you agree then that Blaugrau 79 + blau 57 drybrush would be good then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but on my big girl I used model master fulcrum grey (one of two colours for the MiG by them, the other being the grey green.) I'm pretty sure Ammo by MiG also does a colour set for both the MiG and the Sukhoi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Fulcrum Guy said:

I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but on my big girl I used model master fulcrum grey (one of two colours for the MiG by them, the other being the grey green.) I'm pretty sure Ammo by MiG also does a colour set for both the MiG and the Sukhoi.

Thanks! I have already painted the cockpit but I'll keep it in mind if I ever make another one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...