MiG-29 Cockpit

KingTiger435

So my dad bought the Tamiya 1:72 MiG-29 a while back and I am building it for him soon, I have a question about the cockpit though, is the MiG-29 cockpit turquoise like earlier Soviet/Russian jets or is it grey like newer cockpits.

I am asking because I checked on the internet and I came up with mixed results, some not even the 

MiG-29.

Thanks in advance

Edited by KingTiger435
added cold war tag

As this seems to be your first post, let me first say welcome to the forum !

Most pictures of MiG-29 cockpits show a medium grey with a hint of blue.

Mr. Paint offers this shade in their catalogue as MRP-049. Personally I use Lifecolor's FS 36375, it's not the right colour but IMHO works well enough in 1/72 as a basis onto which apply washes and highlights.

4 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

As this seems to be your first post, let me first say welcome to the forum !

Most pictures of MiG-29 cockpits show a medium grey with a hint of blue.

Mr. Paint offers this shade in their catalogue as MRP-049. Personally I use Lifecolor's FS 36375, it's not the right colour but IMHO works well enough in 1/72 as a basis onto which apply washes and highlights.

Thank you! I don't have those paints right now, if that is the case with the colours I might use Revell's Grau or Blaugrau as those are grey with some blue

FS 35237 Gray Blue is a good starting point for most MiG-29 pits.

I have a few references that mention that a small number of very early 9-12's had the turquoise pit, but have not seen any pictures. 

Cheers,

Andre

1 hour ago, Hook said:

FS 35237 Gray Blue is a good starting point for most MiG-29 pits.

I have a few references that mention that a small number of very early 9-12's had the turquoise pit, but have not seen any pictures. 

Cheers,

Andre

Thanks for the response! Would you agree then that Blaugrau 79 + blau 57 drybrush would be good then?

• 1 month later...

I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but on my big girl I used model master fulcrum grey (one of two colours for the MiG by them, the other being the grey green.) I'm pretty sure Ammo by MiG also does a colour set for both the MiG and the Sukhoi.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fulcrum Guy said:

I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but on my big girl I used model master fulcrum grey (one of two colours for the MiG by them, the other being the grey green.) I'm pretty sure Ammo by MiG also does a colour set for both the MiG and the Sukhoi.

Thanks! I have already painted the cockpit but I'll keep it in mind if I ever make another one!

• Like 1