Very nice especially getting all of the demarcation lines between colors straight and level.  That is by no means “easy” given the rounded nature of the surfaces that you are dealing with.

Congratulations!!!!! :clap:

Hey, there's some kid giving me the finger in seat 8A, ha ha. A good kit sure makes a difference, turned out beautiful. To bad most of these are freighters now. At least they're still flying for now.

Awesome result.

I love the MD-11 and the Delta widget livery is probably the best suited for that bird.

Some time ago I built the AA MD-11 in the same livery,although without the stripe on the tail engine.

The NMF is just spot on...love it

17 hours ago, Alex1978 said:

I love the MD-11 and the Delta widget livery is probably the best suited for that bird.

Some time ago I built the AA MD-11 in the same livery,although without the stripe on the tail engine.

I agree, Alex...I think this livery suits the MD-11 perfectly. I remember your build...studied it carefully, as a matter of fact. The stripe on the #2 engine was something that caught my eye during research; when I saw it, I knew that it was THE one to build. To my knowledge there was only one MD-11 at Delta that carried that stripe...it was N801DE. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, RCI said:

awesome! i hope your next -11 has a clear windshield :D

Thank you, Sini! A compliment from you is one from a master, indeed! And yes...my next -11 will be an EE with a clear windshield. I can only hope she’ll be half as beautiful as your last build! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Challenger350Pilot said:

Thank you, Sini! A compliment from you is one from a master, indeed! And yes...my next -11 will be an EE with a clear windshield. I can only hope she’ll be half as beautiful as your last build! 

naaaahhh, there are many awesome modeller like you or Ian. i m really looking forward to your MD11 or actually anything rolling out :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sent-off said:

What an awesome build and AA did a great job with the window decals.
Metallic paint is absolutely glorious!

Thank you so much! I must agree, the AA windows really lend such realism. The Alclad worked out nicely, after alot of prep...even on a resin model that was already smooth. Really appreciate your kind words! 

• Like 1