Hawker Tempest Mk II converted from Eduard 1/48th

Afternoon all - well, it's finally finished.
Here's the new Eduard kit, converted to a MK II using the old MDC set - which needed a wee bit of love and the odd stiff talking to, to work :)
Finished as the MV416  XC-D, the CO's aircraft from 26 squadron, Zwelteg 1947.  Paint is Tamiya with oil wash and weathering, finale finish W&N Galleria matt. Decals from a selection of codes and kit. Alas the squadron crests on the fin are spurious- Mr Chris Thomas confirmed this with photos he sent - and I suspect the drop tanks should also be silver - but MSG was too good to resist for contrast. Tank & RP load is accurate - although the RPs do locate very close to the drop tanks - which shows in photos but is still a bit tight ( if I did one again I'd nudge the RPs out just a tad)

I was always a bit "meh" about the MkII thinking it aesthetically the poor relation to the Sea Fury with it's flatter fuselage lines. But it's grown on me and I now think it rather sleek in a greyhound sort of way.
Hope you like her - please comment as you see fit.

Jonners

pE5Xszh.jpg

UFPGUQl.jpg

mR3pbE3.jpg

ZA9APE4.jpg

• Like 72

Beautiful! The Tempest is a real brute of an aeroplane and the II more so with that big radial up front. You’ve done a great job of fitting the MDC set to the new Eduard kit. I’ve got the same conversion to do myself using the old kit, I’m still holding out that a Eduard will produce the II and VI from the new tool. Super work again!!! 👍

Chris

Jonners that is beautiful. Super build quality and superb paint job. Stunning!

Cheers

Malcolm

Edited by Baldy
spelling errors

That looks fabulous. Personally, I've always preferred the look of the Mk II, since building a Matchbox kit in 19<cough>. Lacking an MDC conversion, I guess I'll have to wait for Eduard to produce one, but now I've seen that beautiful piece of work, I hope they'll hurry up. Finish and panel line washing looks spot on: visible but nicely restrained...

Al the best,

M.

My word Jenner’s, that is superb! I love the Mk II Tempest and think it looks even better than the Mk V, a real sense of purpose about it.  You have captured its aggressive and purposeful  lines absolutely perfectly! Great job! I’m not worthy! 😔

Another beauty Jon,...... I`ve always liked the Mk.II and you`ve done a fabulous job mate, this is one of my favourite schemes for the type too,

Cheers

Tony