F6D Mustang Lil Margareth 1/72 decals ?

TEMPESTMK5

Patrice,

The only decals I know of for  Lil Margaret are by Mike Grant, but they are 1/48. You might contact Mike to see if he could do them in 1/72. Failing that, the checkers can be done by masking and painting or by cutting black decal stock, but that would be pretty tedious. The codes and serials can be obtained from number/letter decal sheets available from the aftermarket or by using aftermarket masks. For the Lil Margaret  lettering, you can look up the font and have them printed on  decal stock. Sorry there aren't any decals in your scale- she's a pretty Mustang and was one of the first Mustang restorations that strove for complete authenticity and set the bar for subsequent Mustang restorations.

Mike

11 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Patrice,

The only decals I know of for  Lil Margaret are by Mike Grant, but they are 1/48. You might contact Mike to see if he could do them in 1/72. Failing that, the checkers can be done by masking and painting or by cutting black decal stock, but that would be pretty tedious. The codes and serials can be obtained from number/letter decal sheets available from the aftermarket or by using aftermarket masks. For the Lil Margaret  lettering, you can look up the font and have them printed on  decal stock. Sorry there aren't any decals in your scale- she's a pretty Mustang and was one of the first Mustang restorations that strove for complete authenticity and set the bar for subsequent Mustang restorations.

Mike

Good morning Mike

Thank you for confirming that I will have to get the codes and serials from AM decals sheets ..

I already have this Aeromaster decals sheet  https://www.scalemates.com/kits/aeromaster-72-216-southern-european-mustangs-pt-ii--128945 

in my stash I think it will be very useful for the checkers ..

All the best

Patrice

• Like 1