The Military & Police Forces of The Gulf States - Vol 1The Trucial States & UAE 1951-1980

Julien

The Military & Police Forces of The Gulf States

Volume 1 The Trucial States & United Arab Emirates 1951-1980

Middle East  @ War No.16

ISBN : 9781912390618

Helion & Company via Casemate UK

uae1.jpg

The UAE today is one of the safest areas in the region with a modern military and Police force. Previous to this different emirates had their own forces, and some were under British control. As a consequence of British involvement in the region much of the equipment and training was supplied by the UK. Indeed British personnel were often seconded as well.  

uae2.jpg

Areas covered by the book include;

• Trucial Oman Levies/Scouts.
  • The Defence Forces of Abu Dhabi, & Dubai.
  • The Police Forces of Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras Al Khalmah, & Umm Al Quwain.
  •  The Ras Al Khalmah mobile Force
  • The Sharjah & Umm Al Quwain National Guards.
  • The Union Defence Force/Federal Armed Force.
  • The UAE Armed Forces.
  • Significant foreign operations 1951-1980.
  • UAE military & police ranks.

uae3.jpg

The book is A4 softcover in format and 64 pages long, It is illustrated throughout with black and white photos. There one page of colour maps, and 7 pages of colour pictures and profiles. This is the first of three volumes to look at this region. 

Conclusion

This book will give the reader an understanding of all aspects of the forces, including equipment, personnel, ranks structures and training.

Highly Recommended.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif

• Like 2

A big +1 on this, my copy arrived today and it's very good. Considering how secretive Middle Eastern countries are when it comes to anything military or security the two authers have done an excellent job of collecting and collating the information they've used in the book. I'm looking forward to getting volumes Two and Three when they appear!

Mike.:)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeR said:

A big +1 on this, my copy arrived today and it's very good. Considering how secretive Middle Eastern countries are when it comes to anything military or security the two authers have done an excellent job of collecting and collating the information they've used in the book. I'm looking forward to getting volumes Two and Three when they appear!

Mike.:)

Thats good to know, will pass it on to the Authors.

Julien

• Like 1