Eduard Bell P-400 Airacobra

11 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Great looking Airacobra, very nicely painted & weathered. I’ll get one in my collection one of these days. 

Pete

Thank you Pete :)

A good idea. Eduard has some good offerenings out and are a bang for the buck and Hasegawa has an advantage in finesse and details.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That is very impressive Bernd. Great modelling, painting and finishing! Very well done! :thumbsup::clap2::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you very much for the kind comment, mate :)

Have a great day

Bernd

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rod bettencourt said:

That's a cool subject a build, thanks for sharing.

Rod

Thank you Rod :)

Indeed a cool and often overlooked subject.

On 3/28/2019 at 9:58 AM, BerndM said:

Thanks for the kind words Mario :)

If i remember correctly Revell P-39 looked much better than their P-51, Spitfire I or the Emil.

Is the Toko Kingcobra a good kit ? 

Hi Bernd,

indeed the old Revell Airacobra wasn´t a bad kit. Also know their old 1/72 Mustang and have no idea why they rereleased it with so many better options available. The Toko Kingcobra looks very good in the box - fine recessed panellines and separate doors. Have not yet built it but have found some convincing pics in the internet. 

Have a nice day

Mario

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mario said:

Hi Bernd,

indeed the old Revell Airacobra wasn´t a bad kit. Also know their old 1/72 Mustang and have no idea why they rereleased it with so many better options available. The Toko Kingcobra looks very good in the box - fine recessed panellines and separate doors. Have not yet built it but have found some convincing pics in the internet. 

Have a nice day

Mario

Hi Mario.

yes they have rereleased the useless P-51D and some more kits while having much better kits available. I don t think that beginners will have more fun with it than gaming.

The Toko kit sounds like a good way to have a nice Kingcobra in the collection. Will have a look after this kit.

Cheers mate :)

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 9:28 AM, BerndM said:

Hi Mario.

yes they have rereleased the useless P-51D and some more kits while having much better kits available. I don t think that beginners will have more fun with it than gaming.

The Toko kit sounds like a good way to have a nice Kingcobra in the collection. Will have a look after this kit.

Cheers mate :)

I often wonder who selects the kits to be rereleased - some gems never reappear while real bad and outdated kits stay in the catalogue forever...

Cheers!

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:46 PM, Mario said:

I often wonder who selects the kits to be rereleased - some gems never reappear while real bad and outdated kits stay in the catalogue forever...

Cheers!

Guess the person who decides is not a modeller. A P-51D or a Bf 109E will sell but i don t think that many will be happy with those kits or buy another Revell kit.

I have considered the Revell Mustang as a decal source but i am not sure if they fit a kit with the correct proportions.

BTW i have a Toko Pfalz D.XII in 1:72 in my stash,

Have a great day

Bernd