buINvaM.jpgkYb7riG.jpg

Kqdv6eY.jpg

QS4POFO.jpg

Co8JKjh.jpg

jrZw5IW.jpg

hm1gKJr.jpg

TtIrs92.jpg

dnRNRy0.jpg

For cutting extra fine resin parts I use the US-cutter. So I can get out every resin part. For sawing I use japaneses saws, which reduce the volume of chips to 20% of the 100% to normal saws, you are used to have or we comonly buy.

The first was an Italeri with a conversation set from Isracast several years ago. The second you may see on the forum, was from ANK. This third one is from Kinetic with resin parts from Wingman (cockpit) and Aires (exhaust, scoops and antennas and pitot).

The plastic is very different to AMK. In every sense. I do not want to judge it. But I can tell, that the main fuselage is more accurate, as in the AMK. The lever mechanism for the two small wheelbay doors is also there. This was a missing part on AMK. The installation for the main gear strut is also better.

We can see the finished a/c and then you may decide it. The resin cockpit including front wheelbay is accurate. The really sad point is, that the left side console aft the throttle is a worse molding!

I painted all the cockpit tube by airbrush in C308 and C2. All details later on by brush.

The air intake I did preassemble, spraying and total gap filling and grinding before any installation in the fuselage. The gap is too big.

Cockpit installation is easy and fuselage completion too. But one point to remark: The Aires nozzle needs some surgery inside the support of the nozzle and tube!

Now after grinding the assembled a/c I put on some surfacer on the gaps underwing, and on spots, which I filed already with CA.

Now I sprayed the glasses and do final painting on the ejection seat.

Here it is my intention, to show a nearly clean a/c, just with supersonic tanks on the wings. Maybe I add the launcher for the Python 3. The four airbrakes I will not close entirely just a little bit open. The flaps are in down position.

Since I have photos from the a/c I want to build, I will have to pre-shade it according photos. If it works out, you may see both photos.

In a few days, I will show you more.

Happy modelling

• Like 1

Was the AMK you built the original release or the later one with the updated fuselage? I'm really interested in watching your build. From the pics it looks as if the Kinetic kit has pretty soft details along the main fuselage.

• 2 weeks later...

xvBxMDn.jpg

pcHMeKJ.jpg

iRt50zk.jpg

fgZhAEo.jpg

JGqfTKL.jpg

ekiRFgJ.jpg

nnoAAgv.jpg

VwhxXd2.jpg

lzbj5H2.jpg

ryHKL09.jpg

Hallo again

This Kfir C-2 I pre shaded to meet the real outlook of #909. It was in all not so complicated, but I did it differently from other a/c. All over, it is in C308 grey colour. Therefore, I did a base with this colour and pre shaded then. So, I could avoid thick colour layers. The 307 islands on the flying surfaces I did than and at the last, I finished with 308. The result is good and I saved lots of masking work.

For the kit: The gear is the best and most accurate of all Kfir’s. The nose, here panel lines at the left side are not correct. The front glass is perfect, much better as in other kits.

So both kits have pro and cons.

Actually, the decals for my a/c from Wingman, is in a way designed, that it can’t work on the left side, because of the actuator fairing of the rudder. This is the negative side, which can be noticed easily. A cut out and reserve red decal would have omitted this fault.

Well, actually, the model is finished, and the forum on this a/c is closed than.

I will proceed with the Mirage IIIc in Alclad from Eduard new kit.

Happy modelling

Bernhard

• Like 1

• 1 year later...