hetzer2.jpg

hetzer3.jpg

hetzer4.jpg

hetzer5.jpg

hetzer6.jpg

hetzer7.jpg

hetzer8.jpg

hetzer9.jpg

Academy Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer (early) in 1/35 scale, painted it as "Chwat," a Hetzer captured by the Polish Home Army during the Warsaw Uprising in late summer 1944.

Completed in AK Interactive Real Color lacquers; Vallejo and Tamiya acrylics; AK Interactive and Ammo by Mig enamels; Vallejo and Ammo by Mig pigments; and 502 Abtielung oils. The only changes made to kit were replacing the grab handles with brass rod, building new side skirts from thin sheet styrene, and replacing the kit mantlet/barrel (which are actually quite nice) with a resin/metal kit from DEF Model. Comments and criticism welcomed as always!

Edited by ScootyPuffJunior
  • Like 19

1 hour ago, Soeren said:

What a great little tank. You did a fantastic job. You wrote you made it an early? Is that a kit option or only possible with add on parts?

Thanks!

Academy has two Hetzer kits, an early and late. As far as I know, the only real difference is the exhaust, gun mantlet, and one of the spare track racks. You can only build the early version out of the kit I built but I don’t know if those parts are in the late version.

Great job. I love how the camo looks to have been sprayed on by a human, rather than a skilled modeller with a precision AB. A nice colour palette as well.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1