Anti-grav Ma.K prototype tank- Panzer Schnecke A. MK1.

I thought it was about time I started a kit bash and scratch build again and it just so happens that the club build this year is some Russian tank thing, well most peaple will see a Russian tank I see a anti-grav self propelled rail gun, so I have been rummaging for parts. Yakult bottles check, old remotes check, old kits and plastic bottles (doing my bit for the environmenta) check. OK let see were this goes......

IMG-20190316-185445.jpg
IMG-20190316-185346.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 6

Go for it, I've got your six and resup for the spares boxes is inbound ASAP.

(I have very little idea what most of that actually means but I read it all in a book. After I coloured in the pictures)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

In this scale a couple of one inch Christmas tree baubles tucked in behind those fairings on the front? There's your anti grav units.

This lot may trigger a few ideas,

https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&rlz=1C1GGRV_enGB757GB758&q=maschinen+kreiger+falke&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi4k5a0647hAhVkShUIHTRlDfAQsAR6BAgIEAE

I think the axles need to go.

Pete

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

In this scale a couple of one inch Christmas tree baubles tucked in behind those fairings on the front? There's your anti grav units.

This lot may trigger a few ideas,

https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&rlz=1C1GGRV_enGB757GB758&q=maschinen+kreiger+falke&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi4k5a0647hAhVkShUIHTRlDfAQsAR6BAgIEAE

I think the axles need to go.

Pete

Cheers Pete. 

Yep the axles will be coming off and I was thinking a Hammers Slammers cross Ma.k type thing but it's looking more Ma.K than anything else at the moment. I'm trying to round the front as well, curving some plastic card and joining the two white nose parts...i need to take some pictures. 

Something like this... 

IMG-20190319-212008.jpg
IMG-20190319-211940.jpg

That leaves me with sides to sort out and a turret or cockpit? I'm thinking cockpit and a pop up gatling gun mounted to one side at the moment. It might also fit in with a 1/20 scale figure or 2...

• Like 4

So I chopped about 10mm of the front of the tank and added a square section of styrene that will be used to hold the front fenders, the new white parts. Some winglets found in the box of spears that look ready to use and cut and fitted a splitter into the air intake. 

IMG-20190320-072737.jpg
IMG-20190319-232514.jpg

• Like 4

Rocking! Like it lots. That clear dome looked good too.

I like that the Ma.k stuff looks slightly other worldly/alien compared to our normal concept of weaponry.

With the dome it could be an autonomous machine. Perhaps a panel or two open and being worked on?

Equally the cockpit idea has merits too. The offset gun reminds me of the armoured car in Aliens.

All good stuff and keeps you thinking. And then there's the choice of colour schemes to ponder.

Cheers

Pete

• Like 1

Cheers you two, found a plastic syringe that once cut up will make a great front and as YT is the only 1/20 scale figure I have she is making an appearance to check scale just encase I do go with Peters idea of open hatchs and a mechanic working on it. I might actually glue some stuff together today.... Maybe... 

Tank turret added to see how that looks and I think if I mount it lower into the body and add some domes, mount it backwards I might be onto a winner. It would look more autonomous machine Ma.K.

2019-03-21_07-16-54

• Like 5

For a first pass at the filling and sanding that's not to bad at all... I think. The rear has cracked due to the flex in the plastic so going to need to redo that and I think I'm going to have to fit the lower half on the body to stop it flexing again. 

IMG-20190322-174222.jpg
IMG-20190322-174211.jpg

Looking a bit more frog than slug but I like German for slug so sticking with it. 

• Like 3

You're right, the reversed turret adds a touch of weird, especially with those domes.

It messes with our normal expectations of a tank, as is usual with Ma.k stuff.

I like the figure. Wish I could paint them like that.

What is the German for slug?

Pete

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

You're right, the reversed turret adds a touch of weird, especially with those domes.

It messes with our normal expectations of a tank, as is usual with Ma.k stuff.

I like the figure. Wish I could paint them like that.

What is the German for slug?

Pete

Cheers Pete. 

I have called it Panzer Schnecke A. MK1. Schnecke is slug in German. Homeless snail I think it translates to its been long time since I used German.  The A is for automatic. 

• Like 1

I like the engine fairing - the Yakult pot is suitably authentic :) I'm curious to see how much Ma.K "bulbosity" you're going for with the blending - the front suggests a lot, the back not so much.

Makes me want to dig out this ancient WIP which must be one of my earliest BM threads, and (like most of them) isn't finished. I can still see it in my head though, so that's something!

Cheers,

Will

• Like 2

Cheers all for your interest, I think I'm leaving the engine like this as If I add any more I could ruin it and the front parts are now gun pods as the looks so much like a mosquito nose guns to me that is now what they are... 

Bit of primer of the filler to see were Im going with it. 

IMG-20190325-212700.jpg
IMG-20190325-212631.jpg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Will Vale said:

Ma.K "bulbosity" you're going for

Front obvious, the front top as you can see and I think the side will be curved into the bottom, that will leave the back very square and mechanical looking I hope. The under side will be quite lumpy as well. If that makes any sense to anyone please let me know what I'm doing here...... 😁

And that front needs a big shark mouth decal I think.... 

• Like 1