1. 72 scale bombed Kriegslokomative dio

Hi guys I did not know weather to post this under rail items, or dioramas but it is military and a little bit armoured and I always post on here so here it is hope you like .
This is where a loco ended up after being bombed in a rail yard in Munster on the third of April 1945 being looked at by a British soldier.
My model is not a exact replica of the bombed loco as there are no kits of it but its close enough. ( the kit is from Hobby Boss )
I found the photo on line and thought it would make a great addition to my military rail models, it looks simple to build but as the cab is blown away also part of the boiler it was a demanding build ,I cut out one side of outer boiler near cab and used that altered as the firebox set back inside with decals to make the stays and
also something I have not tried before as the cab and outer boiler is missing used thin tin crumpled up to add a ripped edge all along edges of missing items and cab floor.
The tank wagon was a 00 gauge item and figure from milcast . Hope you don't mind ,there are a lot of photos but there is a lot to see. PS did not try to copy camo

fb94e0fb12c92e8f0c4d2195772c1861DSCN7001DSCN7026DSCN7023DSCN7021DSCN7020DSCN7019DSCN7017DSCN7015DSCN7013DSCN7012DSCN7011DSCN7010DSCN7008DSCN7006DSCN7004

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

The seam line on the guy's shirt lets it down massively.

No, I jest, that's a well-ironed shirt.

The beautifully ruined loco aside, I can see how much thought you gave to the placing of every piece of scrap iron and every piece of  rubble, ballast and coal.

A stunning diorama of museum quality.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Badder said:

The seam line on the guy's shirt lets it down massively.

No, I jest, that's a well-ironed shirt.

The beautifully ruined loco aside, I can see how much thought you gave to the placing of every piece of scrap iron and every piece of  rubble, ballast and coal.

A stunning diorama of museum quality.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder ,looks bad in that photo ,I'll delet it😀.

• Haha 1